Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rotate Tires without a Jack (using air suspension)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what happened at 2:35... wheels came up? Pretty sure that won't work on a S... I get that the sway bar does that when the other side moves down... but you'd have to be able to change suspension height while being in jack mode.. and I'm pretty sure jack mode sticks you at one height (only tested at very high)

Pro tip : get a jack with a good range and you lift one side of the vehicle off the ground from the front lift point : body is stiff enough so when you raise the front high enough, the rear wheel will come off the ground ;)

I also wonder if you set on high, put jack stands on the jack points and let the air out of the tires if the tires can then be removed. Seems like it would work (maybe not with low-profile tires though) Of course, you would need a compressor to re-fill the tires, but that's probably easier than jacking-up the car. I might have to try this.

I also wonder if you set on high, put jack stands on the jack points and let the air out of the tires if the tires can then be removed. Seems like it would work (maybe not with low-profile tires though) Of course, you would need a compressor to re-fill the tires, but that's probably easier than jacking-up the car. I might have to try this.
Jack stands certainly needed. Just 2 or should you use 4? I'd think only on air suspension would work. Low profile tires are awfully stiff even without air.

Are actually suggesting removing tires from the rim on the car and rotating tires without moving rims?
If so you need a lot of mentoring before you can be trusted with washer fluid much less actual mechanical work.
Low profile or not modern car tires are a tight fit requiring at minimum several levers and realistically a dedicated machine to mount on a rim, then need balancing.
I have mounted softer taller sidewall tires with levers at home, scratches rim and isn't happening with a stiff performance tire even off the car.