Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rotated tires, how do I update TPMS tire location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently rotated the tires on my Y this past weekend and I have noticed that the TPMS tire location is now incorrect. I moved both back tires to the front and vice versa, but I notice when I look at the tire pressures, they are still showing up in their original positions on the screen, how do I update the locations? I have driven the car back & forth to work today(54 mile round trip) and the tire locations did no update on their own.

I recently rotated the tires on my Y this past weekend and I have noticed that the TPMS tire location is now incorrect. I moved both back tires to the front and vice versa, but I notice when I look at the tire pressures, they are still showing up in their original positions on the screen, how do I update the locations? I have driven the car back & forth to work today(54 mile round trip) and the tire locations did no update on their own.
You run different tire pressure in your front tires than you do in the back? Why?

Keith

You run different tire pressure in your front tires than you do in the back? Why?

Keith
No, I do not. When rotating the tires, I noticed all of them were a little low(38 PSI), so I added air to the front tires to get them up to 42 PSI and then I thought I would not add air to my back tires, this way I could see if the car updated the new TPMS locations. Unfortunately, the onscreen TPMS still shows that the back tires now have 42 PSI and the front tires are at 38 PSI, which is incorrect. The system should show 42 PSI in the front tires and 38 PSI in the back. Once I figure out how to correct the TPMS locations, I will run all tires at 42 PSI.

In the service menu, there's a tire configuration option. You can re-select your tire configuration and/or choose the pressure reset. That might do it.
I see the 'wheel configuration' button in the service menu but I do not have a TPMS reset button. Per my software, I am up to date, using v10.2(2021.24.11).

Attachments

• IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 527
that is weird - right next to "wheel configuration", I have a button that says "TPMS Calibration". I have a M3 but I don't think that should be a big difference between the 3 and Y.

@EVEnergy depends on the year of your 3. Model Y introduced a bluetooth-based TPMS system, right from the start of Y production. Model 3 moved to that same system, but I believe not until the 2021 model year; previous Model 3 have a different TPMS.

Reactions: EVEnergy