Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rotating tires on an X? Annual service fail...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They checked my tires when it was in for uncorking and noted one was worn enough it needed to be replaced.

Measured tire tread depth at:
(Outer) (Center) (Inner)
LF: 6 6 6
RF: 3 3 3
LR: 8 8 8
RR: 5 5 5

I've had it about 1.5 years. Admittedly I had not looked into rotating them. Is this wear pattern and needing to replace tires after ~15k miles normal? Maybe need an alignment?

Were these 22" or 20"? 15k miles seems a bit low.

They checked my tires when it was in for uncorking and noted one was worn enough it needed to be replaced.

Measured tire tread depth at:
(Outer) (Center) (Inner)
LF: 6 6 6
RF: 3 3 3
LR: 8 8 8
RR: 5 5 5

I've had it about 1.5 years. Admittedly I had not looked into rotating them. Is this wear pattern and needing to replace tires after ~15k miles normal? Maybe need an alignment?
15k miles is quite early.
I have 27,000 miles. The tread depth on mine was even in all the tires 5mm. I still have some life in it.
Your tread depth is very uneven. Were the tires inflated to the recommended pressures?
Check with Tesla if there could be a manufacturing defect for such a early tread loss in RF tire and covered by warranty?
The RF with 3mm is worn out and legally unsafe after 2mm.

• Helpful
Reactions: BrianD
These are 20". I check tire pressure every few months or whenever significant weather change. I don't recall any big variances but will be keeping a closer eye on them in the future. Also going to have the alignment checked.

Tesla said their warranty does not cover tires. Sounds like I'm already at the threshold that should replace at least one (RF). Is it best to just do them all at the same time? Guess I'll start looking for threads on recommended tires.

These are 20". I check tire pressure every few months or whenever significant weather change. I don't recall any big variances but will be keeping a closer eye on them in the future. Also going to have the alignment checked.

Tesla said their warranty does not cover tires. Sounds like I'm already at the threshold that should replace at least one (RF). Is it best to just do them all at the same time? Guess I'll start looking for threads on recommended tires.
Tires are covered by the Manufacturer warranty..contact continental dealer and complain about the rapid tread wear out on just one tire.
The standard recommendation is to change all to keep the same tread depth.
My guess in your case would be just RF as you already have different tread depth in all.
Why don't you go to your local tire dealer or Costco for a second check on tread depth as your pattern is unusual ie all four tires having different depths.