Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rough ride after 2020.36.3.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about suspension, but the phantom braking on AP seems to have regressed big time. I've been having phantom braking all over the place... and not just a light tap- talking emergency braking out of nowhere. It scared the crap out of me 3x over the past few days to the point where I turned it off and stopped using it in places where I've always used it. :-(

About 2-3 updates ago I also noticed the S is releasing more air than usual after I park and walk away. The hissing lasts longer than before. Maybe the air suspension has been recalibrated in recent updates to pump more air into the system too, thereby giving a stiffer ride?

The ride quality is smooth again today and the hissing is back to normal duration after parking the car. I don't know what fixed it. I powered the car down last night since multiple resets didn't fix the issue. I had also added the issue to my upcoming SC appointment and am not sure if a Tesla tech re-pushed an update overnight (I didn't see any update notes on the screen this morning). Perhaps the power down helped reset things correctly.

• Informative
Reactions: tranzndance