TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rough ride after 2020.36.3.1?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by FatherTo1, Sep 15, 2020.

1. FatherTo1

FatherTo1 Member

Anyone else experience rougher ride after 2020.36.3.1? It seems to ride stiffer regardless of suspension setting, Comfort or Advanced doesn't improve things. Cold tire pressure at 42 PSI.

2. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

I don't know about suspension, but the phantom braking on AP seems to have regressed big time. I've been having phantom braking all over the place... and not just a light tap- talking emergency braking out of nowhere. It scared the crap out of me 3x over the past few days to the point where I turned it off and stopped using it in places where I've always used it. :-(

3. FatherTo1

FatherTo1 Member

About 2-3 updates ago I also noticed the S is releasing more air than usual after I park and walk away. The hissing lasts longer than before. Maybe the air suspension has been recalibrated in recent updates to pump more air into the system too, thereby giving a stiffer ride?

4. Raechris

Raechris Member

My 12-17 MS75D is smoother driving, no phantom braking in usual places yet and seems to be consuming less energy than before this particular update. My 5 mile average has been under 200 whereas 245 before.

5. FatherTo1

FatherTo1 Member

The ride quality is smooth again today and the hissing is back to normal duration after parking the car. I don't know what fixed it. I powered the car down last night since multiple resets didn't fix the issue. I had also added the issue to my upcoming SC appointment and am not sure if a Tesla tech re-pushed an update overnight (I didn't see any update notes on the screen this morning). Perhaps the power down helped reset things correctly.

• Informative x 1