Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rough ride

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may have stumbled upon something by accident. I sprayed all the steel parts under the wheel arch with lanoguard. Lanoguard is a lanolin based anti rust treatment. I also sprayed the anti roll /sway bar. I saw it run into the rubber bush.
Driving over small road bumps is now much smoother. I suspect the bar had been binding in the rubber bush. I'm not suggesting lanoguard is the best lubricant, but could be worth investigating.

it seems like Tesla stiffend the rear dampers on the Model S, the blue line is Compression from my 2016 FL 90D and the grey line is from a 2013 p85 RWD, Rebound is the same but Compression is like 44% more at highspeed. also these Bilstein are filled with 430 psi so the inital force to move them ist about 104 lbs per damper, making the ride aditional harsh.

The second Picture is the revalved damper with lowered pressure to 220 psi, i will test drive it soon.

1626975609697.jpg

1626975487433.jpg

Reactions: philip295
Anybody tried the Flatout suspension SR coilovers? Could there finally be a solution for the rough ride in the rwd model s on coils? I want to believe...but really finding only one good review, and it's for a bmw, none for tesla.