TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Round Australia List! (put your name down if keen / serious)

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by RichardMcN, Feb 18, 2017.

1. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

So an incentive would a partnership arrangement between charging providers.
    But that partnership arrangement doesn't exist at present, and until it does there is no incentive to "show me yours" if I won't "show you mine" :)

2. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

NoNoNoNo we don't need contracts; just do it - like free WiFi. Bloody lawyers would have up knee deep in contracts.
    Back when I was a pilot, the rule was: you can't take off til the weight of the paperwork exceeds the weight of the plane.

• Funny x 1
  3. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

We don't, but corporations do.
    Personally I agree that making charge free and universal would accelerate EV adoption rapidly, which brings its own benefits and cost savings to society.

4. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

As did the continuing adoption of free WiFi and free software such as linux.

5. LimoX

LimoX Member

Regional SC's are rarely utilised beyond capacity. I was suggesting that if another branded EV were to use a SC then they pay Tesla for the privilege

The carrot being to get the other EV owners used to the wonderful infrastructure that tesla has made available, and provide them with some incentive to trade up to a Tesla.

6. ChrsiH314

ChrsiH314 Member

It's not the same sort of thing. If Tesla set up a few charging points in a Westfield then if I was Tesla, sure I'd be ok with them being shared. It would probably be more practical to set up a J1772 charger there as well, rather than relying on others having an adaptor. But the cost of setting up a 8 bay Tesla supercharger is getting into the arena of 'real money'.

7. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

So is the cost of setting up a four CHAdeMO as is going into Brisbane - free (initially at least) for all.
    Having said that - that wasn't my original point. I'm all for sharing J1772, Mennekes Type 2 and even power points! The 'expensive' ones; not so much.

8. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Fair Dinkum Tesla

9. MarcusNicholls

This is my first post so not sure if I am doing this right.
    We are planning on heading off in a couple of months to travel Australia for the next 2 years.
    With have a 90D
    We will be interviewing small to medium businesses that embrace sustainability within their daily practices & sharing their stories.
    It helps that a lot of people have done great work listing all the options for charging.
    Look forward to watching this space.

• Like x 3
  10. MarcusNicholls

Looking at how it looks I know I made some mistakes.

11. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

You can edit within 30 mins of posting !

But I like what you'e doing regardless !!!

12. MarcusNicholls

Thanks Richard
    I think what you are doing is great it helps the rest of us

13. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Fair Dinkum Tesla

Can we get updates on the trip? Are you heading clockwise?

• Helpful x 1
  14. MarcusNicholls

It's going to be a messy trip as our aim is to stay out of the heat so no summer in the northern part of Australia. This will also mean we miss the wet season.
    Our initial plan was to start at the center & then head south for summer heading back to Queensland & NT towards the winter. This will depend on what date we can get away. Hoping for mid October at the latest.
    As we are planning on interviewing a number of businesses owners so we will probable zip zag around quite a bit.
    I will keep you updated once we know the date we can hit the road.

• Like x 1
  15. Murbs

Murbs Member

Time to bump this thread....

Redirecting

There are quite of few people who are running out of time to get around Australia before the end of 2018...…
    ….. or are you planning on doing it in "Tesla time"? ;)

• Funny x 2