Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roundabouts and FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
roundabout.png
I used to work near here ... a really tight circumference roundabout but with 6 well used exits. Regular users cope by developing the reflex speed of a nervous house fly. The no-clutch Tesla has the ultimate advantage here of course! Not much chance of FSD managing anything other than sitting waiting until late into the night when you are the last vehicle in the vicinity ... :eek:

and engaging the turn signal toward the exit,

If this were the case, it would make better sense.

I am talking about just driving along an autoroute / motorway with AP or NoA active and the car slows significantly as you come alongside the exit ramp. The car prompts to move to a faster lane to continue on your route. Keeps slow speed and lane change nag until you clear the following on-ramp.

I don't think that's explained by the instructions, but I'm always happy to be reminded that instructions do exist!

After the interchange or offramp, the set speed may revert or change as necessary based on the new location. For example, if you merged onto a different highway, the set speed reverts back to the set speed that was in use before driving on the interchange."

The idea of a speed reduction for certain zones might apply, and I have noticed some road configurations / locations where an unsigned speed below the posted speed seems to be applied then removed after the 'hazard' but pretty patchy, random and inconsistent.

In the case of French autoroutes, sounds highly unlikely that 'Teslas' or any other car habitually slows from 80mph to 50mph or slower on their wide open, super uncongested autoroutes every time they pass a junction / on-off ramp.