TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Route 66 Road Trip - Superchargers?

Discussion in 'North America' started by James Anders, May 28, 2016.

1. James Anders

James Anders Member

Anyone ever done a Route 66 Road Trip using Superchargers?

Or does anyone have an idea on the best way to get a list of closest Superchargers along the way?

-J

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Perhaps look at the map on the Tesla web site or supercharge.info?

• Informative x 1
  3. BEEZR

BEEZR Member

4. James Anders

James Anders Member

Yeah, I guess I knew about these options.

I was hoping someone had perhaps taken this trip and had more specific comments.

5. cpa

cpa Member

It should be easily done once the interstate 44 segment that replaced US66 is complete from St. Louis to Tulsa.

6. kort677

kort677 Active Member

7. Nicoletta

Nicoletta Member

I've done the Illinois portion, from Chicago down to St. Louis, only needed 1 charge at Normal, IL. I plan to do the rest when the Rolla MO, Springfield MO and Tulsa OK superchargers are finished.

8. cpa

cpa Member

Do you plan to drive as much of the original route that still exists; that is the original route as completed ~1926 or so (if my memory serves.) I believe that the original route was shortened sometime in the '30s in selected places. I know for sure that Oatman, Arizona was on the original alignment, but was bypassed several years later for a more direct and straighter route from Kingman to Needles. I also think that there were some changes around the Missouri-Kansas-Oklahoma alignment too, but I would have to research it.

The routing in California near Pasadena also changed a few times over the years as freeways were constructed. I think the original terminus was in downtown Los Angeles, but was extended to the Sta. Monica pier in the '40s.

Enjoy the journey!