Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Route planner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is a better route planner a good go-to?
...and what do you folks use for settings in a better route planner....for all the State of Charge variables?

and do you find the settings for things such as speed and added weight are somewhat accurate and useful?

I'm considering buying a model Y against an E-tron. I like both, but the e-tron sure does bring a whole lot to the party missing in a tesla.
although a bit cluttered even the low end unit it's a much better interior, real leather in a better color, better backup camera, blind spot warning, roof rack rails, spare tire, air suspension, better towing capacity, better HVAC vents, cooled seats, trunk cargo cover, apple carplay and android auto....oh, and homelink! basically features galore that are missing in the Tesla
but the range stinks

it's fine for my weekly needs, but for an odd road trip I'm wondering....

I was playing around with "a better route planner"
a sample trip that is normally about 6-1/2 hour drive time... real world plan is about 7-1/2 hours in a traditional car....

two stops and 64 minutes to charge in the Tesla for total trip 7:46....vs two charge stops at 105 minutes total for the audi 9:35 total trip because it had to route a long bit off highway to catch a charger...

Playing around with the settings I can get it much better, but I'm wondering what's "real"

abetterrouteplanner.com ? I calibrated ABRP to my car using "post"diction.... I took a 125 mile trip and tweaked the numbers (particularly degredation) to come up with the same result I'd gotten on the trip. Now I use those settings when planning future trips. For example, I was able to determine that my 2014 MS60 has 93% of it's battery remaining.

• Informative
Reactions: CO_MY
Is a better route planner a good go-to?
...and what do you folks use for settings in a better route planner....for all the State of Charge variables?

and do you find the settings for things such as speed and added weight are somewhat accurate and useful?

I'm considering buying a model Y against an E-tron. I like both, but the e-tron sure does bring a whole lot to the party missing in a tesla.
although a bit cluttered even the low end unit it's a much better interior, real leather in a better color, better backup camera, blind spot warning, roof rack rails, spare tire, air suspension, better towing capacity, better HVAC vents, cooled seats, trunk cargo cover, apple carplay and android auto....oh, and homelink! basically features galore that are missing in the Tesla
but the range stinks

it's fine for my weekly needs, but for an odd road trip I'm wondering....

I was playing around with "a better route planner"
a sample trip that is normally about 6-1/2 hour drive time... real world plan is about 7-1/2 hours in a traditional car....

two stops and 64 minutes to charge in the Tesla for total trip 7:46....vs two charge stops at 105 minutes total for the audi 9:35 total trip because it had to route a long bit off highway to catch a charger...

Playing around with the settings I can get it much better, but I'm wondering what's "real"

There was an article published today by Forbes comparing the e-Tron to the model Y. Saw it in Apple news.