Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Route Twisk/Tai Mo Shan in a P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my Model S on my Sunday motorcycle ride route up to Tai Mo Shan last night. I'm VERY happy with the performance (for what it is; a capable family sedan). My friends won't appreciate me coming out Sunday in the Model S so I will never know which is faster though :tongue: But it certainly feel like I can keep close to them in the corners and not that far off in the straights.

DSC_1662.JPG
DSC_1663.JPG
DSC_1665.JPG
DSC_1667.JPG
DSC_1671.JPG
DSC_1673.JPG

next gen seat makes a bug difference, I was swinging left to right with 1st gen seats

Yes the seats are very supportive. But I do find my upper back is hurting a bit; the shoulder area of the seat comes forward too steep I think kind of folding your body inward without support in the center (sorry hard to describe). The folding in design helps hold you in place side to side but starting to feel a bit uncomfortable after a while, will look into getting a pillow or something to stick down my center upper back.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice.

My P85D delivered in August came with tires in square setting. Is staggered setting a special request ?

Eric

I also heard on this forum in the US they stopped shipping staggered set up (with 245/35/21 front and 265/35/21 back). I just ordered the 21" grey turbine wheels option and the came in that size setup. The sales wasn't able to tell me the width of the wheels but I believe they are 8.5inch front and 9 inch back (or 9.5?), there was a post in the other sections of this forum about that.

Had thought about going down to 19"squared so I can put 4 season touring comfort tires on it but then decided to only downsize to 20" and keep performance tires on it. The 21" is really more than acceptable in terms of ride quality for me (I had a Lexus RX450h before).

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Titus, do u go SMD too?
Haha sorry what's SMD? I guess if I have to ask then I don't =P

SMD = Sunday Morning Drive
A time when supposedly the traffic police are (a) lenient towards drivers having fun with their cars, or (b) sleeping in.

Not to be confused with:
DDO = Driver's Day Off
A time (usually Sunday or other public holiday) where the usual employed driver has his/her day off, so the owner has to drive the car themselves. In such cases, the owner is unfamiliar with the driving practices in Hong Kong, and commonly drives like a complete idiot.

SMD = Sunday Morning Drive
A time when supposedly the traffic police are (a) lenient towards drivers having fun with their cars, or (b) sleeping in.

Not to be confused with:
DDO = Driver's Day Off
A time (usually Sunday or other public holiday) where the usual employed driver has his/her day off, so the owner has to drive the car themselves. In such cases, the owner is unfamiliar with the driving practices in Hong Kong, and commonly drives like a complete idiot.

:biggrin: LOL thanks, yes well I used to do SMRides on my motorcycle, haven't done it last Sunday cause I was out in the Model S :smile: have to rejoin my friends on a bike this Sunday or I will be permanently banned from the biker group hahaha

LOL god tell me about it, DDO drivers (Sunday Drivers was the term my friend used) are the major cause of accidents I swear. They stop in the middle of a road to figure out which exit they should take or change lanes solid white line just to make it to their intended destination, to hell with everyone else.