Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Routing usb cable through refresh center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m wondering if anybody has found a opening to route a usb cable from a 12v adapter out the front of the center console.

Background is that the wireless chargers are fine to maintain charge but don’t charge fast enough. Currently I have a 12v adapter with a higher powered usbc to Lightning cable and the cable just sticks up between the cup holder and the storage tray. It works but I don’t like that I have to tuck the cable in and out to completely close the console. I’d like to run the cable out the front of the console and pull in through a gap just above the wireless charging pad. When I did the screen title a few months ago, I looked for a way to get through and with various sliding mechanisms i couldnt find a gap big enough to pass the cable. Id be willing to drill a small hole if I could know I wasn’t going to mess things up.

Hi

Yes you can!!! I was searching for an answer to this everywhere and couldn’t find one. I have now figured it out.

At the back of the arm rest are two USB-C ports for those in the back. If you buy a 1m or longer right angled USB-C extension (depending on your needs - 1m was plenty for me), you can route the cable under the trim that runs along side the passenger side.

It pulls out (you don’t need to pull it off - just out a few CM’s really) easy - just gentle prize it away and you can get enough space to hide the cable under it. Clip it back in place to finish.

You can run the extension all the way to the end of the console and then plug whatever you want to charge in to it. The ends hide under the trim too - so nobody ever needs to see it!!

No drilling or anything that can’t be undone.

Hope that helps.