Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Routing With No Traffic Data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When navigating yesterday I noticed this message at the top of the route summary box. I was getting LTE. I double button rebooted with no effect. I finally went to the navigate settings button. "Online Routing" was turned off. I turned it on and message went away. I don't remember if I previously had online routing turned on but I surely didn't turn it off. The prior time I used nav I didn't get the message. I'm on 12.1.2. Did the function of online routing change un-noticed?

I'm on 12.1.2 too and the same thing happened the other day. I didn't reboot however after a minute or so, the message went away. Not sure if it's the first time it's happened but for sure it's the first time that i've noticed it. Hasn't happened since then. Not the end of the world for me, software hiccup I suppose .

Reactions: stayfocus18
I've noticed this also with the recent software release - I've found that it corrects itself after a few minutes. When it did, I replanned my route and got a different one.

I always run in to this message - "Routing with no traffic data" at a specific point in my daily commute. It goes away in a few minutes. When it does happen -
  1. I've checked multiple times - Online Routing is ON and it remains ON. My understanding is that there is really no reason for anyone to switch it OFF.
  2. Music streaming over the LTE (built in the car) goes on without a hitch
What could be causing this error? Where exactly does Tesla obtain it's traffic data from?

I've noticed this also with the recent software release - I've found that it corrects itself after a few minutes. When it did, I replanned my route and got a different one.

I am on 16.1, and have noticed both "Routing With No Traffic Data" and GPS failing to get a fix for the first 30-60 seconds after I pull out of my garage. I have solid LTE signal all around my house, and this was not a problem with earlier firmware versions.

Not a big deal, since I know the traffic patterns around my house, and am pretty certain about its location.
For longer and more challenging trips, I always 2x check Tesla's navigation with Google Maps, as the latter seams to both have more current traffic status, and allows me to pick alternative routs (and assigns time penalty to them, as appropriate).

I generally find Google Maps and Waze far more user friendly and feature rich, but it is what it is.

a