Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to paint mine body color as I prefer the subtleness of a blended-in look vs contrasting carbon fiber. I still prefer the OEM one as it is the best design but of the 3 available aftermarket ones this one made sense. The 3D Carbon spoiler is too big for my taste and has an odd center notch while the TSportline one is too narrow and has a blunt cut-off at the end, not to mention its 3x more money. The RPM spoiler fit well and didn't take long to install.
rpmspoiler.jpg

Reactions: Koflach
I decided to paint mine body color as I prefer the subtleness of a blended-in look vs contrasting carbon fiber. I still prefer the OEM one as it is the best design but of the 3 available aftermarket ones this one made sense. The 3D Carbon spoiler is too big for my taste and has an odd center notch while the TSportline one is too narrow and has a blunt cut-off at the end, not to mention its 3x more money. The RPM spoiler fit well and didn't take long to install. View attachment 370431

Who did you get to paint it in Vancouver?

when did you order? I ordered on 11/29 and still waiting for the glossy one
I think early October? It was a long wait but the quality is really good and I’m happy with it. There’s plenty of oem matte ones on eBay if you don’t want to wait but I’m iffy on the quality and rpm Tesla warranties their spoilers. You may or may not have luck with Tesla spoilers purchased second hand

when did you order? I ordered on 11/29 and still waiting for the glossy one
I think early October? It was a long wait but the quality is really good and I’m happy with it. There’s plenty of oem matte ones on eBay if you don’t want to wait but I’m iffy on the quality and rpm Tesla warranties their spoilers. You may or may not have luck with Tesla spoilers purchased second hand

I installed mine this weekend along with the mirror caps, and while I spent a lot of time being precise, the installation was super easy. I still have another day before I can take off the tape, but so far the fit looks good. While I did do some measuring, it was to confirm that it was in the right position AFTER I did a "feel" fit based on how the ends of the spoiler were sitting. I'll post photos later this week once the tape is off. Here are some tips from me.

Pre-installation tips:
1) Check the 3M tape on your spoiler. Make sure that no piece of the tape is overlapping another layer of tape or comes too close to the edge.
2) If there is an overlap, either adjust the tape or cut out one layer of the overlap. Adjust or trim off any tape that it too close to the edge.
3) If you have any rattling, it's probably carbon fibre pieces from when they drilled holes in the spoiler. You can remove them through the same holes by using a vacuum.
4) Prep the area. This means if you have any wax or coatings on the car, remove those and then clean the area with a quick wash and alcohol cleaning (I used 91% isopropyl and a microfiber cloth).

Installation tips:
1) Use the painters tape alignment method from their newer video. This one uses the rear tail lights as the alignment point for your tape. When you lay the spoiler on top, you may have a bit of overlap on each side. I did with mine.
2) Peel the center pieces of tape off the spoiler and make sure the spoiler is sitting on the trunk rear edge
2) You should slide it back and forth slowly to see how the two ends are sitting. As you move one direction or the other, you'll see the ends get closer and closer to the rear but at some point you'll see the gap widening, that's when you know you've gone too far and need to go in the other direction. Using this methodology and checking both sides as you do, you can kind of hone in on the sweet spot where you'll have minimal gap (if any) on both sides.
3) You can double check centering after the methodology above using the tape guidelines you laid out before. You can also confirm with measuring the center of the spoiler and aligning with the T (be sure to confirm that your T is actually centered).
4) Peel the front tape pigtail and gently press one side as you move across.
5) Do the same for the rear tape pigtail.
6) Press firmly, I suggest starting from the center and moving outwards towards the ends.
7) Tape down the ends. My left side was slightly higher than the other.

~Paik

I picked up my Stealth Performance Model 3 two weeks ago and I just received my Spoiler from RPM Tesla. I installed the Spoiler on my car and, prepped the trunk lid carefully with rubbing alcohol and used painters tape to hold it down for 80 hours. I just noticed a few bubbles under the right side of the spoiler and it moves very slightly when I apply pressure to it. I am afraid that water will get underneath the spoiler and ruin the trunk lid. Any ideas? Can I apply a bead of silicone or something to prevent water from getting under the spoiler?
Thanks