Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who self installed the RPM spoiler, did you have any of my fitment issues? I am experiencing a lot of problems keep both the right and left corners down. The spoiler is centered on the trunk. 6.5 inches of space on each side. If I push down on the left corner, the middle back and right corner lifts up. If I push down on the right corner, the left corner lifts up. I tried using painters tape as you demonstrated in your video, but there is no way that it has enough strength to keep the spoiler down. Even with 5 minutes of human strength pushing down on the spoiler, it just lifts. Any advice?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Wow that's only slightly annoying, lol.

I was fortunate enough to have the owner Mark install mine. It went on perfect but when I took the duct tape off, the left side lifted up slightly. Rest is still perfectly on.

I am going to tuck 1" wide heavy duty double sided foam tape under the part that is lifting up (probably half a foot towards the middle if it can reach) and retape that side down for a few more days to see if that keeps it down.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
For those who self installed the RPM spoiler, did you have any of my fitment issues? I am experiencing a lot of problems keep both the right and left corners down. The spoiler is centered on the trunk. 6.5 inches of space on each side. If I push down on the left corner, the middle back and right corner lifts up. If I push down on the right corner, the left corner lifts up. I tried using painters tape as you demonstrated in your video, but there is no way that it has enough strength to keep the spoiler down. Even with 5 minutes of human strength pushing down on the spoiler, it just lifts. Any advice?
[/QUOT

Don’t rely on tape only use silicon as well than tape down with heavier duty tape than painters tape

Reactions: slade037
No debris. Left corner lifted slightly. I'm talking 1 mm or so up so that the sticky tape wouldn't touch the paint at the very corner. I used painter's tape fairly liberally over both ends and the middle. Than added light weights on the spoiler. Waited 48 hours. No lift anymore.

471F97AF-B872-4C8A-A2C7-78958C57955E.jpeg
C74CC881-B7B5-4C2A-8A7F-8B5DDF2D6D82.jpeg
No fitment issues with my Tesla 3 carbon RPM unit. Bought it a month ago. Installed flat with no rattling. Has been rock solid. IMO the silver needed it. Sorry you are having trouble, why not get a warranty exchange?

• Love
View attachment 329313 View attachment 329312 No fitment issues with my Tesla 3 carbon RPM unit. Bought it a month ago. Installed flat with no rattling. Has been rock solid. IMO the silver needed it. Sorry you are having trouble, why not get a warranty exchange?

Yours does look great. I love the look and glad yours has been problem free. I sent an email to Mark last night so I'll wait and see what he says.

Great close up pics of the Tesla stock spoiler! I can see the major differences in design where the RPM version is not so sharp on the ends (extends about an inch rather than coming to a point), and also it rest fully on top of the trunk while Tesla's looks like half of it is over the top, half over the back.

Despite my small fitment inconvenience, I would also still choose RPM versus any higher priced option. It is really a beautiful spoiler and at 1/5th the cost, it was perfect for me.

back.jpg
back1.jpg

79F22F39-3B26-45D5-8AE1-0909098F3175.jpeg
Is duct tape safe for the paint? That's the only reason I used painters tape. What kind of silicon do you recommend?

I used a DAP silicon , I haven’t tried duct tape as I used a good painters tape ..note I don’t have a 3 but I put a Novitec spoiler on my X as below I was speaking more to the technique ..over time the 3m tape loses adhesivenes which is why I put silicon

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: slade037 and JohnC
Did you get the glossy or matte spoiler? Your photos look really nice. Was installation as easy as the video?

I'm getting a blue 3 soon, too. Trying to decide on glossy vs matte

Installation takes a lot of time and patience, definitely not as easy as he makes it seem on video. I went with the matte one to go with my matte wrap. If you're going to do stock blue, get the gloss spoiler.

Reactions: P85_DA and Crispix