TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

RPM Tesla 2nd Gen Cubby Drawer

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Joeker88, May 14, 2017.

1. Joeker88

Joeker88 Member

best drawer by far out there in the market. Worth every penny.

• Disagree x 6
    • Like x 1
  2. msnow

msnow Active Member

It sorta looks like you have to apply some force to open it no?

3. MasterT

MasterT Member

I will NEVER believe that this is not paid advertising - the YouTube "review" is CLEARLY scripted by the manufacturer - all the bullet points are copied exactly from the RPM Tesla video and website, all the same "pros and cons", all the same comparisons to other drawers.

Such a shady vendor!

I said it before and will repeat it again:

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS "VENDOR". DO NOT SUPPORT THIS UNETHICAL VENDOR WHO RESORTS TO DIRTY TACTICS AND ATTACKS OTHER VENDORS BECAUSE HIS INFERIOR PRODUCT SIMPLY CANT COMPETE.

VISIT THE THREAD BELOW TO SEE THE BEHAVIOR OF THIS GUY AND ORDER A BETTER DRAWER FROM A REAL NICE GUY:

New Cubby Drawer

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 2
    • Informative x 2
  4. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

How is trolling this vendor in any way better then the "shady" things you accuse others of? If you don't like a vendor, don't buy from them. If you have quality issues, by all means tell us but trolling a vendor with conjecture is entirely inappropriate. ORDERING me to not purchase from someone because of your own assumptions crosses a line of civility imho. Plus, the attack over quality is just flat wrong.

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH RPM TESLA has been positive. Friendly service with quality products. I don't say that to take away from anyone else who may be selling competing products. Blowing out someone elses candle... doesn't make yours shine any brighter.

• Like x 3
  5. Joeker88

Joeker88 Member

Wow if I was paid to do this video I need to call RPM and get my paycheck. Now if you say it was scripted because I pulled the bulletpoints from their website. To me if the product was sub par I would say it is. I don't know if you have a Tesla, but RPM's product speaks for itself. I have nothing but positive things to say about this company. You should buy it and see. I'm a YouTuber and I always put out content I get paid by YouTube not the product. Sir I will not give you anymore attention for your childish and slanderous rant. Thanks for watching my video and hope you have a great day.

• Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
  6. Joeker88

Joeker88 Member

No you just have to push and pull the handle a bit. Cheers

7. FabioFognini

FabioFognini Member

Well, that and where you refer to the manufacturer's website as "our website". Oops.

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  8. DHG.

DHG. Member

#8 DHG., May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
    The guy who ordered one says, "When you go to our website..." Wait are you a customer or a vendor? Keep your story straight

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 2
  9. RPM Accessories

no just a slight pull to release it from the locking lip latch.

• Informative x 1
  10. Dbj77

Dbj77 Member

I just got one. It's pretty sturdy, and it kind of clicks into place, for a nice snug fit. It is a solid piece of plastic, and I have a matte obeche wood textured sticker on the front. It's fits pretty well, but there is a gap on the left front. No big deal (in retrospect you can see it in the videos, but it makes it less than perfect. I haven't messed with any other drawers, so I have no comparison. It's amazing how off kilter the actual space is- it must be hard to engineer a drawer to fit- much more off kilter than I would have predicted, but obvious when you examine the drawer. I thought initially that I got a very defective drawer, but it slid in easily and looks good (save for the larger gap on left than right). I'll attach a picture if anyone is interested.

• Like x 1
  11. DHG.

DHG. Member

Attach a picture I'm interested

• Like x 1
  12. Dbj77

Dbj77 Member

IMG_0104.JPG IMG_0105.JPG Here you go.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  13. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

Looks just like this one. Research and copy?

14. Yinn

Yinn Member

It's like a personal mission of yours to destroy this guy. The first time I saw it, I took caution. Now, I'm wondering if this guy "Norm" is paying you to promote his product.

It looks like the left side there isn't aligned to the edge, but the right side is. Is that actually the case? Or just the way the picture was taken?

• Like x 1
  15. Dbj77

Dbj77 Member

Yes- the left side has a larger gap than the right. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Given the overall model S fit and finish issues- maybe this is purposeful? :)

• Funny x 1
  16. Yinn

Yinn Member

Truly made to fit the Tesla I guess ;)
    That would drive my wife nuts and I'd never hear the end of it.

17. DHG.

DHG. Member

#17 DHG., May 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2017
    So after some careful consideration I decided to buy a drawer and here is my thought process and experience. In short, I highly recommend the drawer. Good value and good quality.

The review on YouTube does this vendor no service. It was awful. I was sure that the vendor put this review up and if they did I'd advise them to take it down and if they didn't I'd advise they reach out to the reviewer and ask them to take it down or redo it. It was a reason I didn't want to buy one. One major issue is the inarticulate person behind the camera (I'm sure he is a very nice person, probably a very genuine guy). The second is he uses his left hand to minipulate the drawer while holding the camera with his right hand. The problem is it puts a sideways motion on the drawer and makes it difficult to pull out. I was able to replicate this. Using your right hand the drawer slides in and out very nicely and has a nice positive lock as described.

After I saw a couple people order and received them, I ordered mine feeling confident Paypal would refund me should things go south. Well they didn't. It came the next day in the mail. Super fast shipping. Product is great. Piano Black is a good match to Dark Ash Wood. The gap shown in other people's photos exists but because mine is black and my interior is black, it's not a big deal at all, it all just blends in.

PM me and I can send high res photos.

IMG_2473.JPG
    IMG_2474.JPG

• Like x 1
  18. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

I absolutely agree!! I got my drawer last weekend and it is EXCELLENT! The fit and finish is perfect. It looks completely OEM. Great people to work with!

• Like x 1
  19. Yinn

Yinn Member

Did yours have the gap on the left as well?

RPM: That's probably the one thing keeping me from buying one right now.

20. RPM Accessories

Hi DHG,

I am sorry if I missed your call and your text? Did you call 949-521-4383? You said vendor but you never said RPM? This is Mark with RPM Tesla / RPM Accessories, and we are very proud to answer all calls and to return missed calls promptly. We have not missed any text messages!!!! I see you are in Los Angele and we are in OC, but I have not missed calls in the last week from the area codes 562 310 818, 213?? Please check the number you called and text.

Our competitors do not have phone numbers on their sites, but we take all calls and we help customers decide on options we offer every day!! We give the best personalize customer service possible. I would call you back myself, but I have no idea of your number or your name? Please give me a call as I really want to know how we could have missed you!

For the Video the YouTuber made, I really do not agree with you calling him inarticulate, or that his video was awful. He speaks to the Tesla community and for each age owners type. I do not know Joker and I have never met him but we always appreciate YouTubers who review our products. He is a fellow Tesla owner and we appreciate the time he spent to get viewers and to review our drawer. He was not paid in any way to make his video, and he really pointed out many features that I never put in our videos. Like how our soft velvet lining matches the inside of the standard cup holders. I thing the video is great and comes from the heart!

Nonetheless, DHG, everyone has opinions and all Youtubers have their own style, I am glad you like our cubby drawer !!

Mark
    RPM Tesla
    www.rpmtesla.com
    24/7 Phone/Text 949-521-4383

• Like x 1