Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Tesla dashboard cap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to get rid of the wood on the dashboard and also have matching mat carbon fiber look for the center console. I am interested in the opinions of those who have done this and thoughts on RPM Tesla as a vendor for these items. I want it all to match and know that you want to stick with one provider to have it all looking good together. The interior just has too many different surfaces, so trying to change the look. I appreciate any comments, concerns, etc. about doing this and dealing with this vendor. Thanks

I have several products from RPM Tesla. I purchased all real carbon fiber products. They offer glossy and matte finishes. As long as you are purchasing the real carbon fiber it will all match. There were a few items in the past they hadn’t offered in real carbon fiber that were ABS plastic. Those are not exact matches. I made one mistake of purchasing a dash cap from TSportline which is a different weave pattern direction. All my other items from RPM match exactly accept the dash only because I didn’t get it from them. I have a center console, door window and locks, rear USB and vent piece, steering wheel and cluster controls. All look very nice. I also have their carbon fiber on my exterior including the door handles, blinker caps and spoiler. Let me know if you have any questions.

I have several products from RPM Tesla. I purchased all real carbon fiber products. They offer glossy and matte finishes. As long as you are purchasing the real carbon fiber it will all match. There were a few items in the past they hadn’t offered in real carbon fiber that were ABS plastic. Those are not exact matches. I made one mistake of purchasing a dash cap from TSportline which is a different weave pattern direction. All my other items from RPM match exactly accept the dash only because I didn’t get it from them. I have a center console, door window and locks, rear USB and vent piece, steering wheel and cluster controls. All look very nice. I also have their carbon fiber on my exterior including the door handles, blinker caps and spoiler. Let me know if you have any questions.
How well has the spoiler held up? I got the SUMK one on Amazon in February and it is already looking degraded. Looking to replace with one that'll work better.

How well has the spoiler held up? I got the SUMK one on Amazon in February and it is already looking degraded. Looking to replace with one that'll work better.

What is looking degraded? Any photos you can share? I just purchased the matte one from them but haven't installed it. I went with them because it's supposed to be pretty close to matching the oem performance spoiler. Not a good sign if it has been only a few months.

I was not aware they had real carbon fiber pieces for the center console. Will check this out. I like the idea of removing the dash and replacing it in exchange for their real carbon fiber piece. Want it all to match, I agree u have to buy it all at the same place.

I was not aware they had real carbon fiber pieces for the center console. Will check this out. I like the idea of removing the dash and replacing it in exchange for their real carbon fiber piece. Want it all to match, I agree u have to buy it all at the same place.

Yes, having the dash piece replaced with theirs ensures it fully covers the entire piece. The dash caps don’t fully cover all areas and you wouldn’t want the wood grain to show. It is a bit pricier but looks OEM. You can watch all their installation videos on their site. Most of them are also available on YouTube under RPM Tesla. Great products. Mark has told me on the phone I’m a VIP as I’ve purchased over 30 of their products. Crazy I didn’t realize I’ve purchased that many items. Tells you how I feel about the quality of their products.

Reactions: REH3P
Yes, having the dash piece replaced with theirs ensures it fully covers the entire piece. The dash caps don’t fully cover all areas and you wouldn’t want the wood grain to show. It is a bit pricier but looks OEM. You can watch all their installation videos on their site. Most of them are also available on YouTube under RPM Tesla. Great products. Mark has told me on the phone I’m a VIP as I’ve purchased over 30 of their products. Crazy I didn’t realize I’ve purchased that many items. Tells you how I feel about the quality of their products.

I ordered the exchange piece, the real cf, thanks to your comments. I would not want the cap coming up down the road and would not want any wood showing. Also ordered the real cf for the console covers, all in matte finish. Posts like yours sure help others and ensure we get something we will be happy with. Costs more, but worth it in the long run. Thanks!