Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Tesla Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, my intent is not to be vindictive or hurt anyone, rather share my experience with others considering RPM Tesla products. I purchased their Road Noise Reduction Kit (Gen 2). When I received the kit, it was missing a primer and the lining/gasket for the frunk. I called their Customer Service and the representative assured me that the primer was no longer required. He didn't believe me when I told him that the frunk liner was not included and wanted me to send him pictures of every packet (each liner/gasket is packed separately - e.g for the front doors, pillars, trunk, etc.). I complied and emailed him the pictures - crickets. The guy never responded. Subsequent calls and emails later, I received a new package and just opened it to see that they now included the primer and every gasket, but no frank gasket!!!

Needless to say, the guy fed me a bunch of bull on the primer and they again dropped the ball on the frunk gasket. Worse yet, I've installed every gasket (but the frunk) and haven't noticed any difference in the road/wind noise level. Consequently, I would not recommend this product.

They were pretty honest when I went there. The wind noise reduction doesn't really do much it anything. Plus you can get it cheaper on Amazon. As for the primer, it's just rubbing alcohol which is probably dried up packets once you receive it.

Don't believe all the snake oil online. Wind noise is mostly from the poor window seals and front windshield. Also, the wind noise is better than most cars. It's just Tesla doesn't have an engine to drown some of it.

FALSE!

The primer RPM Tesla is definitely not rubbing alcohol. It was a liquid in a bottle with a brush and was very sticky. It said 3M primer on the label.

Ok so maybe that's why it was more expensive from RPM. I bought mine from Amazon and it came with dried up alcohol wipes. I just cleaned it with rubbing alcohol before I applied my rubber trims.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
I had a 2-3 week delay with their CF mirror caps however they were responsive to my email requesting status as well as being up front/apologetic for the inconvenience.

You probably will get mine. LOL! I ordered a set in early March and after 2 months of delays, I cancelled my order. So the ones you got (or will get) are probably the ones I ordered and was on it’s way here since March. They did refund my money in a timely matter, but they really should put on their site that nothing is in stock and it has to be shipped from China!

I had a good experience with them. I got the dash cover which looks great and installed easily. I also got the center console cover. One of the pieces started to lift up after about a week. I sent them a photo and they overnighted a replacement to me free of charge -- everything has been of good quality so far and no complaints.

Seen countless negative posts about this "company" (I think it's just one guy). Stay away.
I just have to state that I bought the aluminum skid with tho he soundproofing rubber foam to go over the hard fabric one and it fit perfectly. Also the reasonably priced front wheel well road noise reduction kits for M3. Perfect fits and plenty of extra fasteners. My wife and I both noticed a clearly quieter cabin. Any other kits worth while that any of you have noticed?

I bought the front grill mesh cover. No issues with the shipping, the product itself nor the installation; it did what it was supposed to do. That being said, you still have to clean the grill of all the little leaves, sticks and rocks that get caught up in its honeycomb structure.