Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Tesla Matte Carbon Fiber Dashboard Replacement

TBrownTX

Dec 25, 2020
Dallas, TX
Ive had mine for almost a year and a half and it has not lifted, and I have yet to hear of anyone’s lifting. If you want to spend 3-4x the money for nothing that’s your prerogative.

Bulk? It was insanely thin. No you can’t see the wood underneath at all. You are coming up with crazy stuff to justify the high price you paid.

Yes Sir, absolutely my prerogative. I am happy you are happy with your more affordable option, but it's still a cover.

Tim

Mahamilto

Feb 20, 2021
New York, NY
Great deal if real CF. I still think avoiding all the hassle and getting an amazing fit was worth the price of admission for me, but you clearly got a good deal if it sits flush and works for you. Hope you enjoy!

Reactions: TBrownTX

CorneliusRox

Mar 3, 2021
MN
Not RPM, but I had a matte CF dash sitting and waiting for my car to arrive. It was the second thing I installed (tint/ppf was first). It flows well with the rear spoiler!

1620059862076.png

bpobill

Feb 2, 2018
USA
The real carbon fiber caps from abstract ocean and rpm are 450+; as in they are nearly the same price as replacing the whole dash.

mid yours real CF? If so, where did you get it?

TOPlight Model 3 Model Y Real Carbon Fiber Dashbo... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZH3YLV...abc_EPAGMVAJ829VM93K3M4M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It’s out of stock right now. I can confirm it was real carbon fiber.

Price history.

Reactions: f308gt4

Mahamilto

Feb 20, 2021
New York, NY
Looks great, but seems some reviews express the concerns I’ve heard about caps. I’m very glad yours worked out, but price of my admission for the replacement feels justified to avoid any of the headaches or anxiety that the cap would lift off at a later date (heard this issue with caps when humidity and temp has changed).

That said, I’m please md it worked out for you.

Reactions: TBrownTX

f308gt4

May 21, 2020
SoCal
Ive got the topflight carbon fiber cap linked above, and so far so good. My car is garaged and tinted, which probably helps, as it doesnt get a ton of sunlight/heat during the day.

The actual replacement from RPM looks pretty good. How was dealing with RPM? Ive heard some not so great things about them in the forums. Its what kept me away when I was looking for various upgrades for my car.

Mahamilto

Feb 20, 2021
New York, NY
RPM was very professional and communicated very well with me. I had no issues whatsoever. 100% would use them again. Even emailed to asks about my core refund (I tracked it and saw it was delivered to them late in the day so I asked about the refund) and got a reply in 12hrs saying they had just got it the day prior and refund would be processed within 24hrs.

It was...
So A+ on communication and turn around.

I heard they had issues during Covid; but so did everyone else. From my experience they were top notch.

TBrownTX

Dec 25, 2020
Dallas, TX
RPM was very professional and communicated very well with me. I had no issues whatsoever. 100% would use them again. Even emailed to asks about my core refund (I tracked it and saw it was delivered to them late in the day so I asked about the refund) and got a reply in 12hrs saying they had just got it the day prior and refund would be processed within 24hrs.

It was...
So A+ on communication and turn around.

I heard they had issues during Covid; but so did everyone else. From my experience they were top notch.

+1

jnco

Apr 2, 2021
Tampa Bay, FL
Ive had mine for almost a year and a half and it has not lifted, and I have yet to hear of anyone’s lifting. If you want to spend 3-4x the money for nothing that’s your prerogative.

Bulk? It was insanely thin. No you can’t see the wood underneath at all. You are coming up with crazy stuff to justify the high price you paid.
Share some photos, I am interested in seeing this perfect cap.

Reactions: TBrownTX and Kimmi

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC