Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Tesla Matte Carbon Fiber Dashboard Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had issues with two different retailer’s dash covers (one single piece, one two-piece set). The single simply didn’t fit properly (had a bit of curvature to it, could see the wood underneath in some areas, wouldn’t stay “down” no matter what I tried). My two-piece fit better, stayed down, but is finally starting to become unglued. I’m not sure about the molds, or maybe each car’s dash (size/shape) is different too.

Reactions: TBrownTX
I am in the UK . . . . it looks like RPM Tesla charge $300 shipping for CF dash covers. I presume these are made in China? Howe do I find them and buy them direct from China and cut out the extra shipping (China . . . . USA . . . . UK)?

Today I installed my new carbon fiber dashboard replacement in the matte finish from RPM Tesla. I have a 2021 Model 3 Performance and hated the wood trim from the moment I ordered the car. As there were some design changes from ’20 to ’21 I reached out to RPM Tesla prior to ordering to ensure a proper fit. Took a couple days to get back to me, but they assured me the replacement would fit, so I placed my order.

Shipping was really fast, I ordered on March 23rd and received on April 2nd. The core charge doesn’t bother me at all, they provided everything you need to ship back your old dash including a pre-paid return label. I carefully unpacked the insert and was able to re-use all the material to safely send mine back for the next person. Will update on how long it takes for them to refund the core charge.

The piece looks magnificent. Truly OEM and perfect. Carbon fiber pattern looks great, it’s nice and smooth and feels just like the spoiler in the rear. Looks like the design has been improved from previous versions I have seen, with globs of glue holding the broken plastic welds from replacing the insert. Mine is bolted down with a couple dozen hefty nut/bolt combinations. Safe to say it’s never coming apart or separating.

I did have one minor installation issue to note. One single nut just to the right-hand side of the steering wheel was contacting part of the base dashboard piece and I was unable to fully seat the trim. After much trial and error, I was able to identify the offending nut. Once removed, everything snapped right into place. I’m not concerned with missing one nut as there are a couple dozen others holding everything together!

When my Wife came out to the garage to look she exclaimed “Wow! So much better than the 1970’s station wagon looking wood”. To my eye I think it really ties in nice with the performance spoiler (which was also kind of odd, on its own) and the gunmetal Uberturbines bringing everything together just perfect. Anyway I fantastic overall experience and they certainly get my nod of approval.

Tim

View attachment 650561View attachment 650562View attachment 650563View attachment 650564
Where did you get that dead pedal to match the performance aluminum pedals ? Looks great

Where did you get that dead pedal to match the performance aluminum pedals ? Looks great

Picked it up on Amazon. It's been on there about a year now and is holding up great. Matches the factory pedals perfectly and has prevented any carpet wear, as I use that area to dest my foot when I drive. Highly recommended!

If you have a '21 or newer the dead pedal was changed from plastic, to carpet. You'll need to buy velcro with an adhesive back, take off the entire adhesive back on this pedal (easily peeled off) and replace with the velcro.

Tim