Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Tesla Y spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see you used gorilla tape to hold down the spoiler. Were you able to get it off cleanly without residue?
Thats the tape RPM used following the install. All residue came off easily (car is ceramic coated so not sure if that helped) but the edges still ended up lifting slightly. Its not overly noticable unless you are looking for it and it doesn’t bother me enough to have it redone.

Thats the tape RPM used following the install. All residue came off easily (car is ceramic coated so not sure if that helped) but the edges still ended up lifting slightly. Its not overly noticable unless you are looking for it and it doesn’t bother me enough to have it redone.
My ends were up slightly as well. Super easy fix for it if you care and will ensure it stays down. I bought RTV black silicone, took a small needle and injected it up into the corners. It filled in the area which makes it look part of the spoiler. Also, since injecting up in the corners you fill in that well area and it will bond/hold the spoiler. Keeps it from lifting in time.

My ends were up slightly as well. Super easy fix for it if you care and will ensure it stays down. I bought RTV black silicone, took a small needle and injected it up into the corners. It filled in the area which makes it look part of the spoiler. Also, since injecting up in the corners you fill in that well area and it will bond/hold the spoiler. Keeps it from lifting in time.
What kind of needle are you referring to?

So you just filled the gap between the spoiler and the trunk with black silicone? Maybe a picture might help.

What kind of needle are you referring to?

So you just filled the gap between the spoiler and the trunk with black silicone? Maybe a picture might help.
I will attach some pictures. It doesn’t show to much (kinda the point) but it does adhere the corners to the hatch. Provides a waterproof seal and keeps it from lifting back up. The needles I will attach a link to. Basically you suck the silicone up into the tube without the needle on, and then attach the needle. I pushed it up into the corner and slowly injected while removing the needle. Used my finger to smooth the edges around and then let it dry. Seems to be holding up really well.
6C9EAA12-9579-47AC-A9C0-E33541792CFA.jpeg
6D5CC9A6-C29F-4FCD-9B77-DAE886F37FBB.jpeg
53150C97-728D-4F94-9D48-D26C7AB957D5.jpeg
30Pcs 5ml Syringes with 21G Needles and Caps,Disposable Plastic Syringe for Industrial Use,Garden,Painting,Scientific Labs,with Measurement 30Pcs 5ml Syringes with 21G Needles and Caps,Disposable Plastic Syringe for Industrial Use,Garden,Painting,Scientific Labs,with Measurement: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Just picked up the car today. Here are a few pictures with the cheaper CF spoiler from The Hydratase Store. View attachment 623066 View attachment 623067
I bought the same spoiler had the same issues with the double sided tape. The corners do not seem to be flush either. I had the company that did my wrap reinstall the spoiler 2 times now. 1 hr later and the corners are starting to come up again. How is yours holding up?
Just picked up the car today. Here are a few pictures with the cheaper CF spoiler from The Hydratase Store. View attachment 623066 View attachment 623067