TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

RPM vs Tsportoine spoiler

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by stillageek, Jun 2, 2018.

1. stillageek

stillageek Member

Now that I've ordered my AWD 3...I want to up the appearance. I noticed both RPM and Tsportline offer Carbon Fiber spoilers. The price difference is substantial. Anyone have experience with the exterior accessories from either company?

2. rhaekar

rhaekar Member

RPM takes ages to ship any order. No idea about the spoiler quality though.

• Funny x 1
  3. tracksyde

tracksyde Member

#3 tracksyde, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    I’m pretty sure the RPM Tesla one is NOT real carbon fiber, but the TSportline is CF.

Neither site mentions whether it is real CF or not, but TS does sell the interior dash trim that is real CF for $1200.

• Disagree x 2
  4. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

There will be others soon, just wait. Not real hot on the RPM design or look.

5. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

You get what you pay for, and we don't do the faux carbon fiber look.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 2
  6. scrapps

scrapps Member

The RPM site says it is real carbon fiber. I prefer the way theirs sits compared to the TSportline one.
    RPM Tesla
    I ordered the RPM one on Thursday and Mark said it would ship next week. I'll post pics and thoughts on it once I get it. I definitely prefer the price point on the RPM one too.

• Like x 2
  7. tracksyde

tracksyde Member

I guess I was wrong. Although that would be the cheapest carbon fiber spoiler I’ve seen for any car. I’m impressed.

8. nexusone

nexusone Member

I ordered one for a MS a couple months ago. The piece was shipped/delivered within a few days, looks great, and appears/feels like real carbon. I'd buy another from them. In fact, because of that product experience I wound up ordering a few more accessories from them.

EDIT : I'm talking about the RPM spoiler, in matte.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  9. JohnC

JohnC Member

DC875354-9C7B-47D2-86CF-AF504964D5E8.jpeg FA143944-3D11-4830-85CC-F400490BED79.jpeg I’ve been looking for a spoiler for my white 3 and the T sportline I felt is too expensive for a lip spoiler. I was actually at RPM Tesla yesterday to hve some things installed and saw the CF spoiler in person installed on a white 3 and it looked really good. I ended up going online and ordering it. For $249 that’s a no brainer. I posted a video on the FB page to show how it looked and how flush it was on the car. I was really impressed with the quality. Mark mentioned they will be getting 50-100 in soon and that they will ship once they receive them.

• Like x 1
  10. JohnC

JohnC Member

I like it better then T Sportline. T Sportline seems a little too short.

11. pandam3

pandam3 Member

E9801A35-8E95-4A25-9A95-F4A52F968F7B.jpeg A15A89DF-B0C2-4044-BB7B-CE1B270F8489.jpeg F4390F45-5970-47E6-9820-8EFEC35B9ADD.jpeg Someone needs to do a “Franz” style spoiler.

Until then I guess the rpm one will do for now. Just wish the leading edge tapered to be more flush to the trunk.

Some of the eBay replica Volkswagen CC spoilers look to be a similar width and design as the “Franz” spoiler with a similar curve.... wonder if it will give/ flex enough to fit the TM3 trunk. (Posted picture of an eBay one on a yellow CC)

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  12. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Much better price with RPM... :cool:

upload_2018-6-3_21-36-31.png

• Informative x 1
  13. Narekzo

Narekzo Member

They're both so ugly tbh. The ends of the spoiler look like they're been cut straight off when it would look much nicer if they gradually decreased in size and ended like that covering the whole rear area

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. JohnC

JohnC Member

This picture looks good to me with the RPM spoiler that Mark posted on FB. It makes it look sportier. I have the same color setup so Im sold. IMG_1332.JPG IMG_1197(Edited).jpg

15. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Someone will....namely Tesla :p Just have to buy the performance version. I'm sure it will be available in the online shop eventually, but won't be cheap. The Model S spoiler is $1500.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  16. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

I would LOVE a Franz-style spoiler! At this point, I'm just waiting for someone to make one exactly like it. Current offerings look kinda like a Hitler mustache.

• Funny x 3
  17. Narekzo

Narekzo Member

You can always get one custom made. Thats what I'm gonna do

18. Reaction26

Reaction26 Member

If you find one I’m in. We could do s group buy on the spoiler?

19. scrapps

scrapps Member

Posted on the other forum too, but here's some pics after I installed my spoiler from RPM today. It's super light, seems really well made and fits snugly/hugs the trunk. Shame it's overcast today :(

IMG_5154.jpg IMG_5152.jpg IMG_5151.jpg IMG_5155.jpg

• Love x 3
    • Like x 2
  20. Fusion

Fusion Member

This is the Honda Civic of Tesla's if I dare say that.... hahaha
    I think there will be more companies jumping on the wagon to make aftermarket items if we all wait a little longer.

• Funny x 3