Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPMTesla Carbon Fiber accessories Review for Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order included : Carbon fiber Mirror Caps, Side Camera cover and Seat back covers.

Start with the good thing: I wanted dry CF to match the OEM and I got that, I like the depth of the pattern and how it matches the OEM pieces.

Installation: For the mirror and camera cover it is as simple as peeling the 3M tape, use some isopropyl alcohol spray to make sure the surface does not stick immediately then tape and let it dry for a day. For the seat covers the installation was much more involved and for sure it is is 1/5 in terms of complexity so be ready (The model S seats have hard and rigid edges between the seat and the headrest and it will take a while to loosen them, all the videos RPMTesla showed a car that has been loosened/softened up so pushing the leather was easier, on a new car BE PREPARED for a lot of work and fiddling around so I would say easily 2 oe 3 out 5 for complexity not 1!! )

Fitment issues:
  1. Mirror caps and camera cap are perfect, just one note to NOT use a lot of isopropyl alcohol because what happened to me is i think it loosened the 3M tape and even when I tapped it for a day there was a tiny gap from the bottom that during driving I can hear air whistle through the mirror at any speed above 20 MPH, i covered the bottom side with a small piece of clear tape for now until I can thing of a better solution. so my suggestion make sure the tape is flushed and close to the lower edge and when you spray isopropyl do not over do it and quickly wrap the cover on the mirror and push hard to make sure you do not get any gap for the air to whistle through.
  2. THE BIG ISSUE with the seats, per RPMTesla design they did not include the side hooks the OEM covers have and they replaced them with 3M sided tape !!! which will not stick and will fail as the leather stretch. what ends up happening is a good fit in the top side but as you down and because of the lack of those side hooks the seat does not hug and the leather well and you see a gap. you can adjust the cover left or right but you will always end up with one side perfect and the other having a larger gap or two sides with small gaps.
I contacted RPMTesla around this issue, and their response was pathetic:

"Thank you for those new images! We have concluded that the fitment in those pictures is almost as good as it will get. We have seen some with really bad fitment before but yours don't even come close. They honesty look great in terms of the fitment in those pictures."

For a $1000 accessory, you will expect better quality and fitment, they did not even offer a refund to return them!!!

overall I would say I will not be doing business with them again, and hopefully, another company will come with a better seat cover that matches the OEM (I know DÆrik has a video on seats he got from ebay for his Model Y that looks better and includes all the OEM hooks, but it does not look they are yet available for the S/X video), Also my friend who is a 3D printer enthusiast said he can maybe be print the OEM side hooks and maybe we can epoxy them and try again to reinstall them.

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 11.06.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 11.07.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 8.41.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 8.39.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 11.38.00 AM.png

Reactions: drunkenbuda