Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPMTesla seems deceiving... Skeptical about their wireless charging mat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And here's another option:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6C7U5W?ref_=ams_ad_dp_ttl

Low profile, and pretty solid reviews.

I use these in both of our Ses (see below) and have run a longer USB-to-lightning cable up to a dash mount for our iPhone X. That allows me to keep the USB ports free for USB jump drive (audio) and a 'guest' USB. Once I get my Model 3 I will use the RTMTesla method (and my Aukey adapter) to get power up to the area where I will place a dual Qi mat.

Reactions: fseir
I've got the RPMtesla one, it sucks.

The foam pad is janky. You just glue the pucks into the right spot on the phone holder.

It didn't work through my Quad Lock phone case -- fine, that's my bad, the case is thick and only just works on my wireless charger at my desk.

Switch to my Apple leather case which is super thin. Phone keeps triggering in and out of charge mode on the RPMtesla one. The charging puck makes a big bulge so the phone doesn't 'lay' flat, it sorta rocks around.

Phone goes flying any time you go around a corner.

Basically, it doesn't work unless MAYBE you run a phone with no case and never drive around a corner or accelerate hard.

I have never had any issues with the RPM wireless product described above. Admittedly, the pad material is not the nicest looking but your phone covers half of it. After placing the puck in a couple places to test for good connection I haven't had any issues and that is with heavy corner acceleration every morning out of my neighborhood, and a case on my phone (S7).

Maybe try to adjust the location of the puck. I have mine set up so the left side of my phone touches the edge of the compartment. The RPM wireless product may not make sense anymore since the new knockoff Nomad pad came out for much cheaper.... Just my two cents.

I purchased two of these same charging pads from Amazon. They are slated to be delivered on Sunday and I have 3D printed a TPU pad to house the pads and cover the rest of the plastic beneath the phone dock. I will report back on the pads and their functionality.