Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rt 3 to Cape Cod - HW2 Autopilot speed limit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Answering my own question here)

Up to Sagamore bridge, there is no limit on the autopilot speed (up to 80mph). After the bridge, you are limited to 35mph

Where did the limit change? If I recall correctly, the speed limit on the bridge itself is 40 or 45, so if you were coming from freeway on the mainland, the car should have reduced speed to a maximum of 5 mph over the posted limit, assuming that AP2 works the way AP1 does in that situation.

Where did the limit change? If I recall correctly, the speed limit on the bridge itself is 40 or 45, so if you were coming from freeway on the mainland, the car should have reduced speed to a maximum of 5 mph over the posted limit, assuming that AP2 works the way AP1 does in that situation.

I had to Supercharge so I didn't pass the bridge on autopilot (exited before the bridge). When I passed the bridge then autopilot would not activate over 35mph.

Having said that, this was pre-17.17.4 update. Now, with the new firmware it should not be an issue as AP2 limits are much higher.