Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rubber cover on ultrasonic sensor in the front wheel well

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've been noticing for months that the cover over the ultrasonic sensor in the driver side front wheel well has been out of place. I could stick my finger between the opening of it, and the painted edge of the wheel well. Today I tried to pop it back in place, and put the hole in it over the plastic stud sticking out of the sensor. Then I went around and took a look at the one on the other side, and saw that the edges of this little rubber cover were tucked behind the wheel well liner. On the driver's side, the edges are on the outside of the liner. How is this supposed to go?

I had the same problem. I was able to solve this by taking off part of the front bumper on the drivers side. I am not sure how to attach the cover with the bumper installed. It would have to be done with nimble fingers and by touch since you cannot see the attachment points.

On the top side of the cover is a groove. Part of the wheel well liner tucks into this groove. On the bottom side of the cover, there is a small hole on the back lower side of the cover. There is also a small rubber nub sticking out of the wheel well liner. This rubber nub goes through the hole on the cover to secure it.

I know it sounds complicated, but if you see it with the bumper removed, it is quite obvious how the cover is attached. Good Luck!