Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rubber molding around doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

First time poster - just got my M3 over the weekend. Drives pretty well, but one thing I did notice were the rubber molding around the doors seemed a bit... off. Has anyone here had this problem? I have a service center appointment for these and a bunch of other small issues, and this left me a bit disappointed overall.

TIA.

IMG_20180710_193704.jpg

IMG_20180712_131527.jpg

IMG_20180712_131311.jpg

Ours has a big lip in it, we have an appointment next week to address it. There also doesn't seem to be much in the way of weather-sealing, after washing it there's a significant amount of water between the molding and windows which I've never noticed in other cars before. Maybe it does happen but it must have stuck out to me for a reason.

Mine has been replaced once in the previous car and it's about due in the current car. Door trim in particular; it'll bulge out and then wear in that spot over time. It's one of the few things that hasn't improved from the 2014 fit and finish to the 2017 fit and finish. The other most glaring problem being a warped/rippled windshield. Pano roof stickiness is another recurring issue, but the right grease seems to attenuate that at least.