TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rubber molding around doors

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by trunks13, Jul 12, 2018.

1. trunks13

trunks13 Member

Hi all,

First time poster - just got my M3 over the weekend. Drives pretty well, but one thing I did notice were the rubber molding around the doors seemed a bit... off. Has anyone here had this problem? I have a service center appointment for these and a bunch of other small issues, and this left me a bit disappointed overall.

TIA.

IMG_20180710_193704.jpg

IMG_20180712_131527.jpg

IMG_20180712_131311.jpg

2. Kelmn07

Kelmn07 Member

Ours has a big lip in it, we have an appointment next week to address it. There also doesn't seem to be much in the way of weather-sealing, after washing it there's a significant amount of water between the molding and windows which I've never noticed in other cars before. Maybe it does happen but it must have stuck out to me for a reason.

3. WanderingM

WanderingM New Member

Had the same issue. They remolded it. Took 3 hours.

4. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Mine has been replaced once in the previous car and it's about due in the current car. Door trim in particular; it'll bulge out and then wear in that spot over time. It's one of the few things that hasn't improved from the 2014 fit and finish to the 2017 fit and finish. The other most glaring problem being a warped/rippled windshield. Pano roof stickiness is another recurring issue, but the right grease seems to attenuate that at least.