Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rugged Textile floor and rear mats now available on Tesla shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course I literally yesterday gave in and purchased Taptes from Amazon. Should be here Monday. I've been waiting for Tesla's.

That said, what is Tesla thinking!? The official ones seems worthless. No lip at all, and the dead pedal isn't covered at all.

Guess Taptes it is.

The trunk mat from Tesla is a maybe... But how does it handle the sub trunk piece. I have a cheap mat back there now and it gets jammed in between the panels. Appears the Tesla one would as well.

Of course I literally yesterday gave in and purchased Taptes from Amazon.

I hear ya! I was waiting around until they came out with a Tesla branded Weather Tech floor liners like they have on the Model 3 but gave up and ordered the Tesmanian ones which people have recommended.

Seems like Tesla is really pushing the recycled eco friendly angle on these. Not sure how much better they are than the standard mats and certainly won't hold water and salty slushy snow that we get up here.

The rugged textile floor mats for the Model Y look like they will be really fun to try and keep clean. Imagine brushing and scrubbing hundreds of tiny crevices for hours of fun. As a bonus, water from melted snow and ice can run past the edges, get underneath the rugged textile floor mats. The dark damp carpet underneath the rugged textile floor mats will make a perfect environment for mold to start growing. These mats look like they would be good for trapping sand from a day at the beach, not catching water from melted snow and ice.

Last edited:
Just received the cargo mat and honestly, it looks fabulous. Very elegant, light, and rubber underside keeps it in place. Returning the MaxPider

IMG_1399.jpeg

Just received the cargo mat and honestly, it looks fabulous. Very elegant, light, and rubber underside keeps it in place. Returning the MaxPider

View attachment 613928

I love the simple look of the Tesla cargo mat.
I don't like the crazy pattern on the maxpider.
I have the Taptes ordered - due to ship mid-December.
How does the Tesla mat work with the sub-trunk?
I might cancel Taptes.

I like how clean and well-integrated the Tesla trunk mat looks... but based on my track record, I need something wipeable and with a lip. I’ve had way too many leaks and spills that were thankfully contained by (admittedly ugly) rubber trunk mats.

I went with the Tesmanian trunk/frunk/well mats for my upcoming MY - they were reasonably priced (especially on Black Friday/Cyber Monday), got decent enough reviews, and look like they’ll be able to handle the occasional grocery mishap.

That cargo mat looks really nice, ordered mine last week.

I am holding out for the Tuxmat mats for the car interior, trunk and frunk. Have had these in all my cars since their inception. Best mats bar none IMHO. Yes I have had Maxspider 3d and Weathertechs in the past, no comparison. They are in production and will probably be available end of Dec or early Jan. Custom Floor Mat for Tesla Model Y | TuxMat

Last edited:
I have the Tesla Rugged Textile Rear Trunk Mat.

It looks very nice and makes it easy to access the sub trunk. BUT....

The top surface is pretty smooth, so things slide around quite easily back there. Just drove home with a few cases of beer, they slid back and forth bumping the interior walls with every turn.

In my previous car, I had a liner that was rubber. It did not look as good, but nothing ever slid around on it. Plus it was real easy to clean.