Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rugged Textile floor and rear mats now available on Tesla shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only reason I didn’t go with the all weather mats in back is because of the lip at the back seat. My seats stay folded Monday thru Friday. I take out dog with me to work everyday. He gets to run around the office. Aesthetically I think the textile mat looks better as the all weather mats look aged quite quickly. Is there anyway to clean them up and look shiny new?
Clean them? Yea, hose it down or wipe it down, quite easy. I'm not carrying pets so the Tesmanian mats are perfect for us as we haul random stuff often with kids and their gear. I don't like the flat mats cuz they will leak any leaks all over the car, for ex carrying something that could leak etc. That's important for us especially during during snow season. The inside of the car with any flat mat is gonna get real messy in one snow season.

Clean them? Yea, hose it down or wipe it down, quite easy. I'm not carrying pets so the Tesmanian mats are perfect for us as we haul random stuff often with kids and their gear. I don't like the flat mats cuz they will leak any leaks all over the car, for ex carrying something that could leak etc. That's important for us especially during during snow season. The inside of the car with any flat mat is gonna get real messy in one snow season.
I can see where your coming from. Hands down the all weather floor mats are the way to go. I don’t haul things in back that might spill so the textile mat works for me. I don’t even carry food in the Y. I put it in the frunk and I don’t mind if it leaks up there. To each their own though. I just put a dog cover in back to haul the pups so everything is covered now.

The only reason I didn’t go with the all weather mats in back is because of the lip at the back seat. My seats stay folded Monday thru Friday. I take out dog with me to work everyday. He gets to run around the office. Aesthetically I think the textile mat looks better as the all weather mats look aged quite quickly. Is there anyway to clean them up and look shiny new?
Degreaser such as engine degreaser will make them look new.

I have the all weather inside as they will look clean. I got the rugged mat for the rear—the rubberized mats will reflect sound and echo more than a carpeted mat like the rugged. It was also cheapest and most dog friendly in terms of grip. Super light weight for ease of access to the cargo area under the floor.

Reactions: Schulz1983
I can see where your coming from. Hands down the all weather floor mats are the way to go. I don’t haul things in back that might spill so the textile mat works for me. I don’t even carry food in the Y. I put it in the frunk and I don’t mind if it leaks up there. To each their own though. I just put a dog cover in back to haul the pups so everything is covered now.
I saw your pet mat set in the other thread. It looks pretty darn comfy back there.

The rugged textile floor mats for the Model Y look like they will be really fun to try and keep clean. Imagine brushing and scrubbing hundreds of tiny crevices for hours of fun. As a bonus, water from melted snow and ice can run past the edges, get underneath the rugged textile floor mats. The dark damp carpet underneath the rugged textile floor mats will make a perfect environment for mold to start growing. These mats look like they would be good for trapping sand from a day at the beach, not catching water from melted snow and ice.
Actually they clean pretty easily, and I like the fact they don't cover the Dead Pedal, as I have a Performance matching Dead Pedal
Ul8sZpy.jpg

Have some Taptes liners on order through amazon. (Wanted to avoid restock/return issues if they don't fit) Will let everyone know upon receipt. Was also eyeing a set from Superliners, but there were minimal reviews at the time (but they were so cheap!)

Actually they clean pretty easily, and I like the fact they don't cover the Dead Pedal, as I have a Performance matching Dead Pedal
Ul8sZpy.jpg
I’m liking the look of these rugged texture mats from Tesla. I have had weathertech mats forever - great fit, but not a great look. South Florida winters are tough, occasionally sand, but ice is usually seen only indoors. I think I’ll try these. Classier look. I also have the performance pedals.

Ul8sZpy.jpg
I’m liking the look of these rugged texture mats from Tesla. I have had weathertech mats forever - great fit, but not a great look. South Florida winters are tough, occasionally sand, but ice is usually seen only indoors. I think I’ll try these. Classier look. I also have the performance pedals.

Received the Tesla Rugged Textile cargo mat for my 2021 3 yesterday.

Pros: Surprisingly light, minimalist design, no logo, and basically looks like it is part of the car. Super easy to roll up and doesn’t impede access to the sub-trunk. Should be easy to vacuum and keep nice looking for most uses. Very grippy neoprene bottom so it stays put. Texture appears to be heat formed impression in the synthetic carpet loop.

Cons: edges are simply cut with no sewn or even a heat-sealed border (doesn’t seem to need it). No raised lip. Can crease.

For hauling messy plants and bags of soil from the nursery, maybe not the first choice, but should be fine for everything else without looking so utilitarian like the many rubber mats.
Hi! I've got mine today, and it seems like the mat is linger than a trunk by 3-4 inches! Do you have similar problem?