Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ruined my brand new M3 dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up the car less than a week ago. I did something really stupid and have ruined an otherwise happy experience in my life. I tried to put a dash mount phone holder with suction and sticky bottom. It wasn't in a good spot so I decided to remove it and try it in another area. To my horror not only had I left a permanent mark and discoloration but also deformed that part of the dash due to the suction pressure. I don't know if it's color transfer or removed some finishing off the dash. I tried to use water to get it off and it seems pretty permanent. I am pretty upset at myself and don't know what to do. If there is anybody who has managed to fix this or might have suggestions, I would very much appreciate it. Otherwise I guess I will live with it and one day have it replaced which right now is too cost prohibitive for me
You can buy a dashboard cover mat to cover it if it brothers you.

I just picked up the car less than a week ago. I did something really stupid and have ruined an otherwise happy experience in my life. I tried to put a dash mount phone holder with suction and sticky bottom. It wasn't in a good spot so I decided to remove it and try it in another area. To my horror not only had I left a permanent mark and discoloration but also deformed that part of the dash due to the suction pressure. I don't know if it's color transfer or removed some finishing off the dash. I tried to use water to get it off and it seems pretty permanent. I am pretty upset at myself and don't know what to do. If there is anybody who has managed to fix this or might have suggestions, I would very much appreciate it. Otherwise I guess I will live with it and one day have it replaced which right now is too cost prohibitive for m

U know what exact same thing happen to me i pick up a car less than 2 weeks ago and i try put it behind the screen but it was awkward so i put it on the dash board when i took it out i was shock then i found u did it ever disappear pls tell me it gets better my even have a dent in the dash board plsss help

• Funny
Reactions: Adam3
I agree with you guys. I think I will take it slow. While I was googling to find some answers I did come across people butchering the dash with cleaning products so I won't mess with it once it been in the sun for a while. If not then I will try 303 in a small area.

The main reason I wanted to use the dash mount was for the waze app.
I use 303 products on a lot of things. I put two coats on my dash will no ill effects. SPF 50 for your stuff. It may prevent long term sun damage.

Gummi Pflege or 303 for external rubber parts like door seals.