Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumor: Apple buying Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really hope Tesla stays independent of those two companies and any other really for as long as possible. Other than for short term TSLA gains I can't see this as being good.

Edit: I'll clarify by adding that I see this as bad because culturally Tesla is quite different to Google and Apple. It will loose significant momentum being a part of either company. IMHO of course.

Oh good. Another "Apple must do X or else DOOM" article. Apple has vastly more resources than Tesla, and incredible reach manufacturing chain. They have everything they need for Titan. If Apple were going to buy anything, BYD might be an interesting buy.

A JV with BMW, where BMW would manufacture cars for Apple. What's in it for BMW you ask? In that scenario, money. And an inside track with the worlds richest company.

Oh good. Another "Apple must do X or else DOOM" article. Apple has vastly more resources than Tesla, and incredible reach manufacturing chain. They have everything they need for Titan. If Apple were going to buy anything, BYD might be an interesting buy.

A JV with BMW, where BMW would manufacture cars for Apple. What's in it for BMW you ask? In that scenario, money. And an inside track with the worlds richest company.

1. Yes, Apple has vastly more resources than Tesla.
2. Apple has everything they need for Titan ? Really ? What are you smoking ? Apple has never manufactured anything...all outsourced ....not to mention scale of EV batteries that will be required and the time lags involved in both...vs Foxconn for personal mobility devices that fit in your palm or your lap. Sometimes, I am truly amazed how many people sound like Trump.
3. A JV with BMW is possible , but the hurdles are HUGE Witt BMW's unions ( ever tried dealing with unions in Germany as a business person )?? And then, there's the current P & L and current cash flow driven by BMW dealers who sell the BMW Brand !!!! You are truly underestimating the difficulty level here and the tugs and pulls within the BMW ecosystem.
4. BYD...yes!!! That would make sense for Apple ! I agree.

If TSLA drops any further it might become a good acquisition target for Apple. If Apple paid Elon's price and met all of Elon's conditions, I'm sure Elon would sell his stake in Tesla so he can focus on SpaceX. Elon already approached Apple and Google to buy Tesla in early 2013, what's to keep him from doing it again?

Apple should concentrate on its products. It's products have mediocre of lately. If Apple is going to acquire Tesla it will be a dangerous event for humanity. Google is rumored of making Nexus phones by itself. If Google decides to go after premium priced phones, Apple will be needing all that cash it has to counter the blows of Google. The more products Apple is releasing, the more it is spreading itself thin. Don't come near Tesla. (my opinion)

Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk discusses his meeting with the acquisitions chief at Apple. He speaks with Betty Liu on Bloomberg Television’s “Bloomberg West.”

Elon Musk: Tesla Had Conversations With Apple - Bloomberg Business

Elon Musk Had a Deal to Sell Tesla to Google in 2013 - Bloomberg Business

Talking with Betty Liu Elon did not confirm that talks with Apple were about acquisition said acquisition is very unlikely.

Vance didn't provide any confirmation of his claims that I saw.