Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumor has it.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 will get heat pump - we've heard there was a pilot trial of putting heat pumps in the model 3 - nothing in production as of recent pic from another member on TMC.

I also heard a rumor
?heated steering wheel?
New scroll wheels will be metal(not rubber like our current)
Rear taillights will make it to the model 3 from the Model Y change.
USB in glove box

We may see these additions around December productions.
Also Q1 Model S/X refreshes.

So you’re saying the model s/x refresh is imminent??
The dude who I'm reading these off hand comments are from, is saying Q1. Interior and exterior refresh. S/X. Also still using same battery cells as before. But nothing will be announced until Q1. No osbourning themselves right for Q4 deliveries?

These are the kind of rumors I need to buy more TSLA chairs now.

We have a whole TMC thread dedicated to these rumors.

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz and DanCar
Model 3 will get heat pump - we've heard there was a pilot trial of putting heat pumps in the model 3 - nothing in production as of recent pic from another member on TMC.

I also heard a rumor
?heated steering wheel?
New scroll wheels will be metal(not rubber like our current)
Rear taillights will make it to the model 3 from the Model Y change.
USB in glove box

We may see these additions around December productions.
Also Q1 Model S/X refreshes.
usb in glove box would be nice. And quote possible retrofittable ;-} Even if an adapter has to be made.

Reactions: SageBrush
the rumor mill also adding that the new cells will be in 3/Y as well.... Q4. I give this one a lower chance but it will blow my mind if it does have all these by December! Which makes my 1 year Tesla anniversary pretty psyched yet sad that I don't get any of these upgrades! And I just bought EAP so I'm never selling my stealth 3.

I'm not positive but I think a hitch is offered on the European version of the Model 3. If memory serves it is in one of the Bjorn Nyland videos.

it is, and the stealth hitch is a nice after market option, but the wiring is a pain, although the harness is apparently behind the bumper panel. Meh, if this virus thing ever ends w’ell probably buy a tiny teardrop and fo some exploring in Vancouver island.

I have now seen a handful of fresh-off-the-tractor-trailer USDM Model Ys with the updated tailights at Long Island showroom/SC locations (Manhasset and Plainview). So at least those do appear silent-upgrade late 2020+ VIN imminent.

Amber turns looked good (although small, at least highly visible) but the plasma C stops did not look as impressive (particularly because only the outter pieces are dual intensity).

I found picture of Y-gate equipped Model 3:
1 Y3ZibsBlrVfWspy9HLANPQ.jpeg

[edit] I accidentally posted image of the GM's hand build pre-production model Nikola Badger™, sorry.