Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumor Mill: Upcoming 500-Mile Range For Tesla Model S, 400 For Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
500 miles seems impossible, but that’s what a new rumor suggests. Reportedly, someone who works for Tesla apprised Twitter user Zack (@BLKMDL3) that a 120-kWh battery pack is coming this summer, which could give the Tesla Model S a 500-mile range and the Model X 400 miles. Let’s keep in mind here that this is...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/01/31/tesla-model-s-range-500-miles/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Reactions: diplomat33
500 mi range Model S would be amazing!!
Yes it wouldbe amazing.
Tesla MS is doing 373 MILES already and that's with a power density of around 257wpkg from a 100kwh pack. Add the maxwell tech which supposedly straight away adds 20% to that in power density and that's from 1.5 years ago and it had a pathway to 500 wpkg, I think they are going to hit over 400 wpkg and 500miles is not going to be a issue from the same sized physical battery pack. That is why cybertruck will have over a 500mile range.

Sure 500 miles. Well except what they don't tell you is 250 miles in the winter.
Yes I own a Model S, and I get 1/2 the mileage when it's cold, the battery just
is less efficient and the heater uses WAY too much electricity for some reason.
A tiny 500 W space heater would heat that cabin in a minute and not waste
the constant battery drain of Tesla's super innefficient heater.

Sure 500 miles. Well except what they don't tell you is 250 miles in the winter.

but arent teslas are build for californians? My car seems to do winter just fine. I will trade in my 2018 if theres a 500mile model S

500 miles seems impossible, but that’s what a new rumor suggests. Reportedly, someone who works for Tesla apprised Twitter user Zack (@BLKMDL3) that a 120-kWh battery pack is coming this summer, which could give the Tesla Model S a 500-mile range and the Model X 400 miles. Let’s keep in mind here that this is...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/01/31/tesla-model-s-range-500-miles/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]
The source is a 16 year old car detailer? Why did TMC provide this useless article?

Where are all you folks going that needs 500 miles of range?...

Many of my destinations do not have chargers so I currently waste time to supercharge when I don't want to. It's worse if I have to wait in line for a supercharger.

When I have more range, I can be relaxed at my destinations that don't have a charger because I can charge at my own choosing and I can choose which Superchargers that have less traffic.

More range means more flexibility in planning, timing, charging... It's a convenience that is well worth the price.

250 miles is still way more then any of the competition out there right?

• Funny
Reactions: E Dizzle