Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Rumor] Model X Launch Party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have heard from a "source" that I should expect the Model X launch party between January 29th and February 12th now that NAIAS is over and in lead up to the earnings report on February 18th.

Tesla usually gives 1 week notice for big events, and today is February 5, so if no invites go out today, I think it's safe to say no Model X party by February 12.

Reveal will be in Q2. Anyone want to bet with me? :smile:

But when will the 'reveal date' of the reveal be released?:biggrin: That is the real question:wink:

My hope/bet is the reveal date is revealed on the CC for ERQ4, so Feb 11th. I already owe you at least a six pack already on former lost bets so not sure what I can afford

Last edited:
My hope/bet is the reveal date is revealed on the CC for ERQ4, so Feb 11th.

That won't happen, at least not a specific date. I've said April/May (Q2 is a safer bet) for some time and although Tesla might confirm their timeframe I doubt they'll give specifics that far out.

I already owe you at least a six pack already on former lost bets so not sure what I can afford

Someone else already owes me cash and another person has to write poetry about my forecasting talents after losing bets. I'm on a roll baby! :-D

That's not at all what I heard on the conference call. I heard that there are some cool features that they won't be revealing until the Model X ships, not that they won't be revealing the Model X at all until it ships. That would make no sense.

Agreed. I heard the discussion and just thought, 'Cool, there will be some surprise features when I take delivery'. I didn't hear anything that would lead me to believe that I wouldn't see the Model X before picking options, etc.

I think they are going to have to walk that statement back. How in the heck will they get people to plunk down 100k for a vehicle that has not been seen?

No they won't. They have almost 20,000 people who have put down a deposit on a car they have not seen in final form or driven. Those people are going to take the car sight unseen. That is many ,onthe worth of production. Tesla will show all the details of the X on the day they deliver the first X. On that day everyone will know all about the car and many more orders will be placed.

I won't be buying one until my wife can take a test drive. She is on the petite side and in some cars she cannot see very well because of the B-pillar, or the seats will not adjust sufficiently, etc. It would be nice if the X has adjustable pedals.

I won't be buying one until my wife can take a test drive. She is on the petite side and in some cars she cannot see very well because of the B-pillar, or the seats will not adjust sufficiently, etc. It would be nice if the X has adjustable pedals.
+1

As is my wife. We'll be test driving before buying. Hopefully there's time between initial deliveries and when we need to finalize. Reservation # just under 4000 for us.