Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Rumor] Model X Launch Party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As did I on the S. But that's not going to work for the wife.
Really? Ok, but why not? Remember when the model S was getting (and still receives) the "this is the best car we've ever tested" reviews? There is NO WAY Tesla will release to us anything less in the form of their next and ONLY new offering. Don't wait !!

oh, are we talking Model X? Sorry, I meant - wait a lot! :tongue: Ha ha

Last edited:
As did I on the S. But that's not going to work for the wife.

Really? Ok, but why not? Remember when the model S was getting (and still receives) the "this is the best car we've ever tested" reviews? There is NO WAY Tesla will release to us anything less in the form of their next and ONLY new offering. Don't wait !!

oh, are we talking Model X? Sorry, I meant - wait a lot! :tongue: Ha ha

Andrew: I have a similar problem. My wife has never been a big fan of the falcon doors. I believe she can overcome that prejudice if she gets a chance to see the vehicle. So, my solution to this first world problem was to get an early reservation and a second later reservation for the X. Guess I have been playing options of TSLA too long....this is like having a 'strangle' . :wink:

Andrew: I have a similar problem. My wife has never been a big fan of the falcon doors. I believe she can overcome that prejudice if she gets a chance to see the vehicle. So, my solution to this first world problem was to get an early reservation and a second later reservation for the X. Guess I have been playing options of TSLA too long....this is like having a 'strangle' . :wink:

I don't think you need two reservations to achieve what you want. If tesla follows the same process, once your reservation comes up you'll be invited to configure. You can delay that for a very long time. Your build date isn't established until you've confirmed the order.

Model X Reveal Party Speculation

I am wonder what the group thoughts are on the date of this. From what I remember they are rumored to start shipping in Aug. Sept time frame. We have seen a few beta or RC photos floating about lately. And there needs to be time for the design center to be open with choices. When will we see the reveal party ?

I am predicting late April early May.

I know that Elon said that they will not be revealing until ready to ship. I am taking that to mean that once they have a completed design that they will have a reveal party and deliver a few or all of the Founder's cars there and then open up the Design Center to the rest and begin actual production. This seems consistent with what he said and the past traditions of TM. Will there even be a reveal party ?

Thoughts ?

June is EOQ & the focus will likely be on shipping Model S. If (IF) there is a reveal event, my guess is July.

I cannot believe that they would not have the production X at TMC connect July 11th, so would they reveal it then or before. Since they probably would not combine events my thoughts are before. I seems inconceivable that they would not show the Model X at TMC connect.

Do you guys thing that the shipping dates will slip again to later or that the ramp up of the design center will be shorter that the past or both ?

I cannot believe that they would not have the production X at TMC connect July 11th, so would they reveal it then or before. Since they probably would not combine events my thoughts are before. I seems inconceivable that they would not show the Model X at TMC connect.

While it would be nice to have Model X at TMC-Connect I very much doubt that would be a deciding factor for Tesla, they've always done their own thing regardless of other events/shows etc.

My 2c: IF there's an event then it will depend on the RC's coming out as planned later this month and the seriousness/length of the possibly resultant punch-list, I suspect that June would be the earliest date and (as Bonnie noted) they'll want to avoid EOQ. So mid-June or early July (a nice birthday present for me?).

P.S. There's another thread on the launch party speculation here --> Rumor-Model-X-Launch-Party

No. They intentionally postponed a few though .... :tongue:
Truth.
In three short weeks I will collect my winnings from bets made last year about bonnie's delivery date... actually, I think I'll convert them to double or nothing bets on the next slip. My guess is that they will try very hard to start shipping the first Signature cars in the last couple of weeks of Q3 to avoid an embarrassment. And I give it even odds that they won't make that, either. So second half of September or maybe October...

While it would be nice to have Model X at TMC-Connect I very much doubt that would be a deciding factor for Tesla, they've always done their own thing regardless of other events/shows etc.

My 2c: IF there's an event then it will depend on the RC's coming out as planned later this month and the seriousness/length of the possibly resultant punch-list, I suspect that June would be the earliest date and (as Bonnie noted) they'll want to avoid EOQ. So mid-June or early July (a nice birthday present for me?).

P.S. There's another thread on the launch party speculation here --> Rumor-Model-X-Launch-Party
Thanks! I merged this into the existing thread.