Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Rumor] Model X Launch Party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Typically, they don't give much lead time. That was the case in leading up to the first deliveries for the Model S. My guess is that we are nearing the time to see a launch party. I wonder if it will be in Fremont or in Hawthorne as it was for the Model S Dual Motor. Hopefully, the former...

I'm not setting aside any weekend or travel plans just yet.

My view exactly.

Lems.jpg

Timing sounds very right to me. Ahead of the earnings call so that there are no more lingering doubts and questions about the X launch. Enough time ahead of actual production in the summer to get the specs and options out on the website after the event so that folks can absorb it all and get through the configuration and finalization process. That would also give Tesla enough time to fine tune the supply chain for the necessary parts so as to avoid hiccups in the early weeks of production.

Tesla, please, please make it happen at the Fremont factory instead of Hawthorne :) I've already slotted myself in alongside AnOutsider or Bonnie (?) or NigelM (?) as the +1 in case I don't get an invite myself :biggrin:

I think what has given this rather dubious rumor legs is that we all know it needs to happen relatively soon. Elon reiterated the launch timing. By backwards calculation, I feel that the reveal is pretty likely to be in the 2-8 week time frame. In the sense of how long we have waited for this, that qualifies as imminent. Heck, I remember being convinced that something was going to be shown at last year's NAIAS. So yeah, I am getting pretty excited, and I am not going to allow the rumor's credibility to bring me down. Fact is, it should be coming very soon, and TSLA should react favorably. I am just no longer sitting on only one cheek.

Timing sounds very right to me. Ahead of the earnings call so that there are no more lingering doubts and questions about the X launch. Enough time ahead of actual production in the summer to get the specs and options out on the website after the event so that folks can absorb it all and get through the configuration and finalization process. That would also give Tesla enough time to fine tune the supply chain for the necessary parts so as to avoid hiccups in the early weeks of production.

Tesla, please, please make it happen at the Fremont factory instead of Hawthorne :) I've already slotted myself in alongside AnOutsider or Bonnie (?) or NigelM (?) as the +1 in case I don't get an invite myself :biggrin:

I just don't see the reveal during the quiet period before the ER. BUT, it would not only be appropriate but not bad timing to announce it during the CC....or 'soon' thereafter

I just don't see the reveal during the quiet period before the ER. BUT, it would not only be appropriate but not bad timing to announce it during the CC....or 'soon' thereafter

Wasn't the original Model X reveal in 2012 during the same "Blackout time" and close to the ER? It would be fun to see them have a release party three years to the date of the orginal reveal. Even though the model X is quite a bit later than promised, three years isn't really that long to bring the car to market. I think GM took longer with the volt.