TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

[rumor] Model X revealed at IAA 2015

Discussion in 'Model X' started by hobbes, Aug 10, 2015.

1. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

#1 hobbes, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    This post by ev-enthusiast got me interested - a belgian web site quotes German AutoBild as saying the X will be revealed at German motor show IAA.

Looked at the current AutoBild Website and in an article published today they says just the opposite, which seems strange:

Translation: A reveal at IAA 2015 seems unlikely, as Tesla prefers a reveal away from any motor show.

So where did that original info come from? Well, fortunately the Internet does not forget, the wayback machine comes to our help. This is the version of AutoBild´s title page as of 8:42 this morning:

Screen shot 2015-08-10 at 9.44.58 PM.png

Under the picture with the yellow car the page says: "Tesla Model X shortly before release to market - Delayed many times, but it is finally there: Tesla officially reveals its electric SUV at IAA 2015."

Mistake or cover-up of leaked information?

And yeah, I checked, Tesla is in fact exhibiting at IAA: Exhibitor Directory ∣ IAA 2015

2. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

We'll know soon enough. If there is a take-down request on this post, we'll know that it's legitimate. :rolleyes:

3. 1208

1208 Active Member

It means the model X no longer has flacon wing doors.

Its yellow because taxis in America are yellow and they want to sell loads to them.

4. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Wow, I am good at googling stuff today: The yellow car is a mock-up from 2011: andrei avarvarii portfolio - Future Tesla cars illustrated for AutoBild Germany - November 2011

For the info first appearing and then being removed, I could also imagine it is a game to just start the rumour that has now obviously succeeded.

5. Gerasimental

Gerasimental Member

AutoBild is where I first read about and fell in love with Tesla in 2006. Were never very reliable with news like this so I'd take it with a grain of salt. Really would be a very unusual way for Tesla to launch a product don't you think?
    If anything it will have been revealed at a private event before then - maybe at the same time Design Studio goes live, so end of August - and then they'd use the IAA to start showing the car to a wider audience.

6. ScepticMatt

ScepticMatt Member

It's AutoBild. Bild are not known for their source reliability (if any), and they corrected their statements.
    Nothing to see here.

Edit: Beaten by Gerasimental.

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Tesla is not going to do the reveal of Model X in Germany. Unquestionably, and with no doubt whatsoever , the first reveal will be in California.

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Agreed. That source is useless. Full of click bait.

9. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

To quote myself:

Not saying that I believe it is very likely - called it rumor, after all. We´ll see.

10. timf

timf Member

If Tesla holds a public reveal of the Model X in the U.S. prior to the Frankfurt Auto Show, I think there's a very good chance they will have one on display there. However, if it has not yet been revealed in the U.S. by September 17, it will likely be a no-show in Frankfurt.

11. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I'm probably unrealistically optimistic, but I'm choosing to interpret this as:

Tesla will reveal on their own at a special event - in early September, and will have a production unit on display at IAA 2015, the first show that they'll have one at.

12. 1208

1208 Active Member

Blizzard an American company revealed their new expansion for WoW, in Germany. Maybe there's a trend...

Please note: I don't play WoW or whatever they call it.

13. mzpolo

mzpolo Member

come on Nigel, show some love for the Right coast! No need to be practical and stick to common sense. Tesla X reveal will be at the

Mid-Atlantic Shrine Association Convention 2015

Sep 09, 2015 – Sep 13, 2015
    Virginia Beach Convention Center
    1900 Pavilion Dr, Virginia Beach, VA
    Virginia Beach, VA 23451

(717) 938-5267

OK... It may be a really small version....

14. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Huge difference between an online game and a car where the majority of reservations are in the U.S. Anyhow, one occurrence doesn't equal a trend.

15. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Good for your case Tesla has held *two* reveals in California ;). Just teasing.

Enjoying the discussion... On the German forum someone posted a Tesla employee told him the Tesla sales manager for Germany/Austria said the X won´t even be at the show at all.

16. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Roadster, Model S prototype, Model S launch, Model X prototype, D launch & Autopilot....need I say more? :-D

17. RichardL

RichardL Member

The center of the video game world used to be E3 in LA, now it is at a show in Germany (can't remember its name), so this is no surprise

18. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

"or whatever they call it"... riiiight. :wink:

19. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Sources tell me that it's going to be in Jackson Hole, Wyoming on September 5(*).

(*)Note: my sources, generally found within my head, are usually wrong but occasionally right.