Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumor: New E-Flex Cadillac to Debut at the Detroit Auto Show in January

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
Rumor: New E-Flex Cadillac to Debut at the Detroit Auto Show in January | GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site

Sources have told GM-Volt.com that GM has a brand new E-Flex extended-range electric vehicle (E-REV) under wraps and have been hoping to unveil it in January at the Detroit Auto Show.

We have known previously that other E-Flex cars were being designed. The last time I spoke to E-Flex Design Chief Bob Boniface he acknowledged that was true. Although he didn’t say exactly what it would be he did say it wouldn’t be a “four door Chevy”

Since about four GM brands are on the chopping block, and we’ve heard rumors of such in the past, Ill go out on a line and predict the car will be a Cadillac. Indeed previous reports have stated the next E-Flex car would be a Cadillac, and vice-chairman Bob Lutz has gone on record stating “there’s going to have to be some kind of dramatic environmental statement from Cadillac.”

I don't follow GM very much, but personally I wish they would release the Volt under the Saturn brand and make sure that brand stays going. It seems to me that their product line was headed in the best direction. The EV1 was leased through Saturn dealers.