Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Rumor] Nose cone will be body colored on the X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mean this?
Nose cone wrapped.

If you were vilified and it crosses the line use the report function. I saw nothing but support in this thread but might have been somewhere else.

Dear Moderator,

If I was not clear, this event occurred over two years ago. I do not believe the " report" button should be used to stifle appropriate free speech or opinions. I simply was reporting on how poster's opinions regarding the nose cone have evolved.

I did mean nose cone wrap - grammatical.

Turns out this rumor had meat. I kind of like it on some colors, others it seems to not really match all that much. Front design tweaks are something Franz Holzhausen was probably wanting to do, and they probably will keep this direction on Model 3.

I've often thought of wrapping my white S nosecone the way Bonlaw did, and now if I do it I would probably be echo'ing the new direction Tesla is going for the nose on X and upcoming Model 3.

I have for some months already toyed with the idea that, based on the shape of the Model X mules that suggest a nose-cone shaped area of the bumper is there, but not the T strip above it... what if that bumper is entirely body coloured - so there is no chrome trim around the cone.

More like this (although this bad Photoshop of mine forgoes any shaping in the front bumper):

attachment.php?attachmentid=76594&d=1427839968.jpg

Now imagine that area above, under the Tesla T strip, to be shaped like a nosecone but not trimmed around it... Could that be one possible direction or Tesla? Also something they might more easily "facelift" on the Model S, considering there are genuine service reasons for still having a removable cone? Shape it a bit like a part of the bumper?

Have to give it to you AR . You were right!

I have for some months already toyed with the idea that, based on the shape of the Model X mules that suggest a nose-cone shaped area of the bumper is there, but not the T strip above it... what if that bumper is entirely body coloured - so there is no chrome trim around the cone.

More like this (although this bad Photoshop of mine forgoes any shaping in the front bumper):

attachment.php?attachmentid=76594&d=1427839968.jpg

Now imagine that area above, under the Tesla T strip, to be shaped like a nosecone but not trimmed around it... Could that be one possible direction or Tesla? Also something they might more easily "facelift" on the Model S, considering there are genuine service reasons for still having a removable cone? Shape it a bit like a part of the bumper?

I like this rendering better than what went live last night. The aerodynamics of the front hood slope make more sense in your mock-up. What went live last night looks like a last minute "delete" and cover up of where the nose cone was on the prototype. I can appreciate Franz not wanting to maintain the nosecone, but I just think it needed more attention than a quick "delete" and cover up. It could also just have the "T" logo alone, and not the black treatments, IMHO.