Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumor of April 8 Announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I agree that a new battery announcement is unlikely, I would be pleased if they would discuss the new battery pricing - it is now $20k for a 60kW and $25k for an 85kW. And if they could announce the Roadster 3.0 battery/package price too, that would be really cool.

That said, deonb is probably right and all we'll get is the new colors we already know about. And maybe some info on the new glass roof if we're lucky.

We all seem to have forgotten about Elon's "demand secret weapon" alluded to in the Q4 conference call, something that was going to tweak the car dealers. I always believed this was the [as yet unannounced] CPO program.

Perhaps the rumored blog post is about revolutionizing the used car buying experience. You heard it here first...

Sounds like the 60 is being axed and a new model S 70 is replacing it with dual drive either standard or optional. 70Kw battery!!! Elon was sly during the financial call saying "240 miles" should be the ideal range for an EV :)

Yes, but I bet this is fundamentally about the X. An X60's range would be too low, and demand is high for AWD, so they're basically shifting the base to suit the X . But, that also means a better base S, faster Supercharging. I'll be interested to see how it'll affect the balance of demand.

Rumor, rumor, who wants a rumor!

WowI I did not expect the S to move to Dual Motor configurations for every version. (Edit: single motor option still available for the 85. Sorry)

Even more interesting is that there is no longer a "Tech Package" option. All the tech package features are now standard and just the Auto Pilot software is optional. Again, makes sense: build every car with the same hardware and make the software an option.

Plus every car now has Supercharging as standard. Makes perfect sense. Simplify, simplify, simplify.

And the used car prices of every single motor, non tech, and 60 have just fallen, again.

Such is the price of progress. But I think this change by Tesla is a big step forward, and a smart one.

Oh yes, also the three new colors are now confirmed: Ocean Vlue, Obsidian Black, and Warm Silver (is that a "taupe"?).

But no new "glass roof" option yet.

Last edited: