Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Rumor] Significant Engineering Issues with Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You fools...

Aren't you SpongeBob's cousin?

latest

It is perfectly possible that what Stanley says is correct. The question is, how much of that is a threat to Model 3's reliability and success?

If this is another Falcon Wing Door saga, then that is serious. If not, I am sure Tesla will find solutions.

Reactions: Grendal
It is perfectly possible that what Stanley says is correct.

No. Even the Release Candidates have been out for months now. Was "Stanley" locked up for a long time? Did he just get access to a computer the day of the reveal? DId Elon go into a basement at Fremont today and free everyone who knew this dirty secret?

No. He knew the reaction he would get on a Tesla forum, so he went to a Tesla forum to get it.

If he was serious, he'd be sending this info to one of the various "investing" websites that are Short right now.

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV and erthquake
Once more. You chumps (better?) believe whatever you want to believe.

Everything I have posted here is 100% accurate. Posting at one or more of the Tesla-bashing financial websites - any financial website - would constitute an implied "insider trading" tactic, would it not? Subject to penalties as the law prescribes. Hence, posting in this... forum.

As for anybody being accused of violating NDA's and losing their job - unless you happen to be a contract attorney with a copy of my NDA in front of you, you're unqualified to make that determination.

If everything - every single thing - goes according to Musk's plans and the streets are crawling with Model 3's in a matter of months, and these design issues end up being completely transparent to REAL customers, I will be happy to provide enough documentation to rub noses in.

not so much for the possible engineering defects issue (we do currentle have an X with all of its typical warts) - but once it was announced that all-wheel drive would not be available on the first run, it behooves us to wait even longer, because the technology has shown that the 2 Motors working together yield higher range.

Everything I have posted here is 100% accurate. Posting at one or more of the Tesla-bashing financial websites - any financial website - would constitute an implied "insider trading" tactic, would it not? Subject to penalties as the law prescribes. Hence, posting in this... forum.

As for anybody being accused of violating NDA's and losing their job - unless you happen to be a contract attorney with a copy of my NDA in front of you, you're unqualified to make that determination.

If everything - every single thing - goes according to Musk's plans and the streets are crawling with Model 3's in a matter of months, and these design issues end up being completely transparent to REAL customers, I will be happy to provide enough documentation to rub noses in.
If you belong to a company that's involved with these failures enough to know about it, does that mean your company is responsible?

All new car designs have problems. The more complex the machine and the newer the technology, the higher the probabilities of problems. The Model 3 will have teething problems. That's almost 100% certain. They may all be minor, one or more might be major, we don't know.

This thread might be hints of a serious problem, or it could be about something hair on fire about something that will turn out to be relatively minor.

Tesla is building a brand new car, to be expected are the following:

1) It will not be delivered as said, it will be delayed
2) it will not be as priced, it will be over $35K
3) it will have building/quality issues for the year, maybe 2

This is all common practice of Tesla and those that have been around for a while know and expect this. Those of you that are new to Tesla you better get used to it or by a Bolt or Jolt or whatever it is called.

Is it worth the wait and drama, hell yeah!
Your prediction looks just a little bit tattered.

Reactions: S'toon and EinSV

Wouldn't your NDA still apply?

If posting on a finance website constitutes insider trading, the same applies here. The USSC test for insider trading is whether you, as an insider, will benefit from this disclosure, independent of where that disclosure is.

In Dirks v. SEC, the Supreme Court explained that the test for determining if there has been a breach “is whether the insider personally will benefit, directly or indirectly, from his disclosure.”

The Supreme Court Restores Implied Benefit Theory in Insider Trading Prosecutions of Downstream Tippees

So... If you're worried about insider trading, it's too late for that. Since it took me all of five minutes to find that information, my guess is that you can too, which implies you're here to do something else, like spreading FUD. I'll grant you there's a chance you are an insider, but it's really, really small from what I can tell.

If posting on a finance website constitutes insider trading, the same applies here. The USSC test for insider trading is whether you, as an insider, will benefit from this disclosure, independent of where that disclosure is.

The Supreme Court Restores Implied Benefit Theory in Insider Trading Prosecutions of Downstream Tippees

So... If you're worried about insider trading, it's too late for that. Since it took me all of five minutes to find that information, my guess is that you can too, which implies you're here to do something else, like spreading FUD. I'll grant you there's a chance you are an insider, but it's really, really small from what I can tell.
I'll add that the person sharing the information doesn't have to benefit in order to be prosecuted. Sharing it for someone else to benefit is the same crime. That's on the broker dealer examination. ;)

Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq