TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

[RUMOUR] Higher Powered CHAdeMO adapter coming?

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by widodh, Sep 21, 2017.

1. widodh

widodh Model S 85kWh

The CHAdeMO protocol has been upgraded to 150kW just like CCS: CHAdeMO Announces High Power (150KW) Version of the Protocol

This will bump the current from 125A to 350A while remaining at 500V.

Now, I don't have a written source for this rumour, but when talking to somebody inside the CHAdeMO association he told me that Tesla is testing with a higher powered CHAdeMO adapter.

He couldn't tell me anything on how far they were and it if would come to market.

He doubted that it would handle 350A. But personally I would be happy if it could handle 250A, that means 80kW charging.

Yes, I know that currently there are just a hand full of >50kW CHAdeMO stations, but in Europe they are being installed and more will follow soon.

Has anybody else heard something about it?