Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumour of free premium for leases cars ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elsewhere there has been a report from a reliable source that from April 1st lease car drivers will have to pay for premium connectivity.

Obviously due to the day this is supposed to happen every is saying it’s an April Fool but the contact works for Octopus EV leasing and Tesla have told them they need to pay for it.

No one else’s as far as I can see has been notified of this from their lease company. Has anyone on here? Also how are people going to pay for this when we can’t even buy any upgrades when we want.
I have got the message in the car saying the premium connectivity ends in May 2022 but my lease lasts till 2024. So looks like the lease companies are slowly releasing themselves from the premium connectivity options. Not good!

Same. Lease company told me a few weeks ago that Tesla told them...

Leased vehicles currently have Premium Connectivity without payment as there isn’t yet a way for leasing customers to pay for the service through the Tesla App / online Tesla Account.

We are currently developing a payment method and once launched, the drivers of leased vehicles will need to pay a subscription for the service

Screenshot_20220412-124301_Gallery.jpg

They lease companies should knock £10 off our payment per month. Some people ordered knowing you get the premium included.
Personally I was always wary that it was an unspoken thing and that it may not continue. They have never advertised it as being included, it was always just a thing.

I am a bit gutted it’s going but I want to keep it and if I have to pay £10 a month then I will reluctantly pay it but I am a bit concerned that Tesla won’t have anything set up to do so.

I would expect it to run for the 12 months free that you get with a normal purchase (as was described on the website).

Don't mind paying after that point and was expecting to. I guess it comes down to the nitty-gritty of the lease agreement, but if it's salary sacrifice then the lease company is defrauding your employer, not you, if they increase the payment.

Anyone feel like contacting Tesla to find out how we are going to do this?

What’s the bet they tell us to talk to our lease providers who in turn will have no idea what’s going on.
A good possibility of that. Then again, they have a couple of weeks to get it sorted and it might even be as good as ready to launch.

I would not take Tesla communicating (or not) to lease providers etc as a sign of anything one way or the other, to be honest.