Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumour of free premium for leases cars ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I've just finished a call with Lex and they've told me that they have been officially notified by Tesla this afternoon that a bulk App update will be made to all their Tesla customers in the next couple of days.

Front their we can choose to subscribe or cancel our premium connectivity. The person I spoke to was very nice and said she completely understood that I'd taken the car expecting there to be at least 12 months free connectivity. But she said unfortunately this is Tesla and they made the decision and they have no control or ability to change their minds.

Reactions: Snail
Front their we can choose to subscribe or cancel our premium connectivity. The person I spoke to was very nice and said she completely understood that I'd taken the car expecting there to be at least 12 months free connectivity. But she said unfortunately this is Tesla and they made the decision and they have no control or ability to change their minds.
Sorry - if your lease is with Lex why would she say Tesla made the decision. Tesla wasn’t giving the premium connectivity free prior to this. The lease companies were paying (either included in the deal or terms saying any upgrades will not be part of package etc.,) throughout the lease period for connectivity. Now, Tesla has just given an option within the app to subscribe to premium connectivity, they did not ask the lease companies to stop paying for the subscription. But the lease companies just used this opportunity to unsubscribe from their deal with Tesla.

But on the whole I am going to lose around £240 - less than a month’s due but next time I’ll negotiate this as part of deal or move to another lease company who offers this with the car or reduce that amount in the final deal whichever they agree to do.

Hi, I've just finished a call with Lex and they've told me that they have been officially notified by Tesla this afternoon that a bulk App update will be made to all their Tesla customers in the next couple of days.

I'm also with Lex so Ill be keeping an eye out over the next couple of days for an update and check to see if its added to my Tesla app.

Sorry - if your lease is with Lex why would she say Tesla made the decision. Tesla wasn’t giving the premium connectivity free prior to this. The lease companies were paying (either included in the deal or terms saying any upgrades will not be part of package etc.,) throughout the lease period for connectivity. Now, Tesla has just given an option within the app to subscribe to premium connectivity, they did not ask the lease companies to stop paying for the subscription. But the lease companies just used this opportunity to unsubscribe from their deal with Tesla.

But on the whole I am going to lose around £240 - less than a month’s due but next time I’ll negotiate this as part of deal or move to another lease company who offers this with the car or reduce that amount in the final deal whichever they agree to do.
ALD advised that Premium connectivity was on an extended trial until now i.e the lease companies were not paying for this nor would I say the cost is included in the monthly lease cost. I’m just as disappointed as the next person but this is clearly Tesla maximising profits

ALD advised that Premium connectivity was on an extended trial until now i.e the lease companies were not paying for this nor would I say the cost is included in the monthly lease cost. I’m just as disappointed as the next person but this is clearly Tesla maximising profits
I think there is a bit of confusion regarding what Tesla initially offered - a 12 month free premium connectivity as a trial and then it was a month free premium connectivity. This was on all vehicles but then all the lease vehicles had free premium connectivity throughout their lease period but Tesla did not offer that free. This is what I mentioned and lease companies paid for this. For example my vehicle is now around 18 months - premium connectivity is free or as a package with lease. Now it is ending suddenly and the lease company wants me to pay on a subscription basis just because the option is available in the app. Tesla has nothing to do with this. It is just lease companies are saving around £300 in each vehicle. That’s a good amount of saving given that there may be around 15000 lease model 3 in UK and that’s a cool 4 million in savings.

I called Leaespan today .. to beg for them to extend my one moth trial which ends on May 1st ... and they reconfigured my account so I could pay . It took a couple of min with the right guy and a new option appeared in my app Manage, I could then add a subscription

Attachments

• tesla app1.jpg
    tesla app1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 80
I think there is a bit of confusion regarding what Tesla initially offered - a 12 month free premium connectivity as a trial and then it was a month free premium connectivity. This was on all vehicles but then all the lease vehicles had free premium connectivity throughout their lease period but Tesla did not offer that free. This is what I mentioned and lease companies paid for this. For example my vehicle is now around 18 months - premium connectivity is free or as a package with lease. Now it is ending suddenly and the lease company wants me to pay on a subscription basis just because the option is available in the app. Tesla has nothing to do with this. It is just lease companies are saving around £300 in each vehicle. That’s a good amount of saving given that there may be around 15000 lease model 3 in UK and that’s a cool 4 million in savings.
That’s not true, Tesla had no way to bill lease customers until now, so anyone from an approved Tesla lease company just got it for free. Now they have sorted it, you have to pay

OK Im charging my company but £9.99 is not going to break the bank on a lease .. its not like we are paying for a Diesel car ...
True but if you count the total gains they are making another 4 million in profit. One of the reason I went for lease Vs other option was free premium connectivity and the low monthly payment. However this was before the recent run of used cars gaining so much otherwise I would have gone for PCP or loan.

I called Leaespan today .. to beg for them to extend my one moth trial which ends on May 1st ... and they reconfigured my account so I could pay . It took a couple of min with the right guy and a new option appeared in my app Manage, I could then add a subscription
I don’t understand why some are saying Tesla needs to activate this, when its clearly not the case.

This talk of Tesla sorting it out on mass in the next few days would be good, I just can’t rely on my lease company to do it manually which I fear it will come down to when you hear tales of people ringing up and eventually getting someone to enable the feature in the app.