Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumour of free premium for leases cars ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is an iOS update for the app 4.8.0, that’s just shown up. It’s relevant to leasing according to the notes
mine isn’t leased so I can’t tell much
Just downloaded the update and there is nothing added to allow me to buy the connectivty subscription, however there still might need to be something done on the leasing companies end for it to work.

Just had an email from Ogilvie;

Tesla have announced that Premium Connectivity will no longer be supplied free of charge to lease vehicles from 1st May.

Premium Connectivity includes function such as live traffic information and the ability to use streaming services. To continue having access to Premium Connectivity, drivers will have to subscribe directly with Tesla from their app, screenshots are below.

The option to subscribe will appear in your Tesla app by the end of the April.

Option to renew just appeared in the app for me, but the car is going back on Tuesday anyway as I’m leaving the company! I wonder how long it’ll take before Leaseplan remove the car from my account. The app update says option to ‘Manage lease returns’ and transfer ownership but don’t see anything from my side.

I’ve seen a screenshot of what appears to be the Tesla website from the perspective of a lease company, and it allows them to choose who the burden of payment falls to for various things - e.g. supercharging, upgrades, Premium Connectivity, etc. The latter I suspect has only been added recently.
Care to share this screenshot. Would love to see

Updated the app today (manually - it wasn’t ‘pushed’ by App Store) and the manage button is there, subscription option within that.

Zen hadn’t gotten back to me so I checked the App Store myself and there it is. Imagine I’ll get an email in a week telling me something I’ve already found the answer to🤣

Updated the app today (manually - it wasn’t ‘pushed’ by App Store) and the manage button is there, subscription option within that.

Zen hadn’t gotten back to me so I checked the App Store myself and there it is. Imagine I’ll get an email in a week telling me something I’ve already found the answer to🤣
Zen customer too, did the update this morning and nothing.

Where is this manage button?

Zen customer too, did the update this morning and nothing.

Where is this manage button?
Bottom of the upgrades screen.

Can’t think why they would turn it on for some customers and not others, unless there is some horrible account management going on behind the scene like them having to go through and enable every customer manually.

Can’t think why they would turn it on for some customers and not others, unless there is some horrible account management going on behind the scene like them having to go through and enable every customer manually.
I think that's exactly what's happening, the leasing companies are enabling it on an individual basis somehow.

After mentioning it in a call from LeasePlan about other stuff last week, I've twice been phoned by them by accident but with the result that it's now enabled in the app (since Monday evening) - as others have said it's under the 'Upgrades' bit.

Thought it worth asking if it could be rolled into the salary sacrifice payment but seemingly not "due to this being a Tesla service that's ran through Tesla not LeasePlan."

• Informative
Reactions: Casss