Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumour of free premium for leases cars ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried that, nothing.
Zen customer here too. Emails from them yesterday telling me I have to pay, regardless of the fact that there isn’t a single entry in my contract saying so and the fact the car came with the premium connectivity already activated. Zen told me there’s an option in the app to sort it out but there isn’t, no matter how many times I update or log out and log in

Zen customer here too. Emails from them yesterday telling me I have to pay, regardless of the fact that there isn’t a single entry in my contract saying so and the fact the car came with the premium connectivity already activated. Zen told me there’s an option in the app to sort it out but there isn’t, no matter how many times I update or log out and log in
There is in your contract. It talks about connected services being your responsibility. I have a zen contract and it’s pretty easy to find that bit in terms

Updated, logged in and out, nothing...
Screenshot_20220427-074657_Tesla.jpg

In my case it’s because my lease company have provided no info and like many I fully expect the date to swing around and they have done nothing and I will lose the functionality.

The only info points I have really seen is the fact that Tesla say it’s not them that will do it and your lease company have to manually do something whereas my lease company claims to know nothing about it.

Last edited:
I just had a chat with Tesla and they said they are not activating it yet as they need to liaise with the lease companies still. Not sure why some are getting it then.
Just called Tesla and they activated the option to upgrade to premium connectivity. They did it in the back end - I had to log out and back in again for the option to be available. Don’t understand why some requests like mine are being actioned and not others. Tesla are going to be raking it in with this change - all a list maximising profits. Lease companies have not been paying the monthly fee.