Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumour of free premium for leases cars ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my M3 a couple of weeks ago through Zenith lease company. I was under the impression that all lease cars had premium connectivity thrown is as part of the package but is this about to change?

The car is telling me that the premium connectivity runs out on the 1st May. Does anyone else have this?

I have contacted Zenith to check that it will be 'renewed', but they have said no.

They indicated that they used to get this free from Tesla, but now Tesla wont include this from now on. Zenith have apparently told Tesla to make the option to sign up available on the app and that the user of the car can sign up as necessary.

Is anyone else been given this message?

I’ve got the option in the app and checked out, but date says renews Feb 20 2023 🤔

Attachments

• C1BABFE3-E7E5-4CF2-8919-BCCBAC590155.jpeg
    C1BABFE3-E7E5-4CF2-8919-BCCBAC590155.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 83
I'm not getting very confident vibes from Lex. The chap I spoke to didn't know how to set my account so I could buy it over the app. And he just gave me an email to ask to get it fixed.

What are the chances of: a - The guys on the end of the email knowing what to do?
and
b - It being addressed before the connectivity runs out?

Not great for the first one and extremely slim for the second I would guess.

Tusker are saying that prior to this they were not charged anything and that it is a Tesla issue. Has anyone had any luck with compensation or extending free period with Telsa. I don’t want to waste hours on hold to be met with a flat no.

Perhaps will check the car but not poking the bear so to speak (Tusker is lease co)
Wise decision I think.

What are the chances that they're having to manually enter the renewal date, or are doing it in batches and you've been put in the wrong batch, or the date has been entered wrong?

Unless you only recently got the car I suppose...