TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Run fast, turn hard, and leave a great wake

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Only Trons, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Only Trons

Only Trons Member

I am a retired Naval officer who occasionally attends Navy conferences/seminars because I am sure to meet old colleagues and shipmates. At one such conference this week, there were many vendor booths with the usual array of hand-outs. You know the story --- pens, key chains, coffee mugs, and the like. At this conference, General Electric was represented -- they manufacture the LM 2500 gas turbine engine that powers many of today's Navy surface ships, including some on which I served many years ago. One of their giveaways was this key ring with attached flag:

20150115_214825.jpg

I grabbed a couple --- I'm going to keep one in the Tesla -- when I go to car events (etc) I'll probably lay it out on the dash. It is a bit too large to attach to the key fob and keep it in my pocket.

So --- my new motto: Run fast, turn hard, and leave a great wake!!!! <Insert Tesla grin here!!!!>