Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Run theater mode while not in driver seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just wondering if there's a way to leave theater mode running while not in the driver seat. I'm in a situation right now where I'm going in to a restaurant to order food to go while my wife nurses the baby in the car in the back seat but every time I leave the car the screen turns off. Just wondering if there's a way to fix that next time I'm in a similar situation.

Reactions: FinsToTheSouth
Have the same problem when my wife feeds the baby, so I gently close the door (let it click) so it doesn't fully close. Only would do this if I know it is a safe area. Would love to know how or if Tesla can detect if other passengers are in the car.
Weight sensors in the seats. My screen stays on if I get out of the car and leave a passenger in the front seat. This is probably just one of those times when developers said, "well you can't reach the screen from the back seat so why leave it on?" without really thinking about things like nursing moms. They probably even patted themselves on the back for not encouraging you to leave your kids in the back watching movies while you go inside the store.

• Disagree
Reactions: AlexHung
I'm just wondering if there's a way to leave theater mode running while not in the driver seat. I'm in a situation right now where I'm going in to a restaurant to order food to go while my wife nurses the baby in the car in the back seat but every time I leave the car the screen turns off. Just wondering if there's a way to fix that next time I'm in a similar situation.
Leave a keycard in the car and lay it on the reader maybe? Or make sure you wife's phone is paired as a key and she has the app running all the time. Having a key actively detected might work.

Nah, it would still turn off the screen if you got out. It just doesn't lock the doors or turn off the climate control when you walk away.
4034172A-EA7D-4D72-A0F8-8E3D493C0419.jpeg

I use camp mode all the time with people in the back... The whole point of camp mode is to be able to use/interact with the entertainment/climate control system... I just tested it with absolutely nobody in the car.. If you turn camp mode on, theater will stay on, the movie will keep playing ,when you exit, even if the car is completely empty.