Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Run USB cable from dash through center console to USB port?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I've got a Qi cellphone charger that I've clipped to the air vent to the upper right of the screen on my 2016 Model S and, for now, the USB cable for that charger just runs directly to one of the USB ports under the armrest; kinda unsightly.

However, if I reach through to the very front of the console where the adjustable cupholders are, there seems to be at least one hole to the upper right. And, the center console by my left foot (if I'm in the front passenger seat) pulls away enough to slip a USB cable. But, does anyone know if that console hole and the area by my left foot in the footwell "meet"? Has anyone done this, and if so, how? Ideas?

Thanks,

Todd

You can pull down the cubby below the MCU. Run the USB cable from the arm rest port thru the floor of the centre console, then up behind the cubby and the trim for the MCU. Then put the cubby back. I did that for my led lights and also to run an after market satellite radio antenna to the dash by the passengers windshield piller.