Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Running out of speculation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am personally running out of speculation ability. I feel like I have discussed just about all the things that I can offer opinions on. I am at a point where I really just want to know what Tesla is going to do. I can speculate on things and while that is entertaining, none of us know the answers. I biggest questions for me that I want to know :
  • Which battery will be offered first
  • How much the upgraded battery costs
  • Seat materials
  • If they are going to charge me for the glass roof (and how much)
  • What the standard wheels look like
  • What the EPA rated range for standard and larger battery are
  • What size charger is standard
  • How much (if any) supercharger access is included in purchase
  • Included standard features like GPS, wireless connectivity
  • Colors offered and cost of upgrades
Don't get me wrong, I will still be around to post, but I am running out of speculative ability, creativity and in desperate need of a reveal event!

seems weird we dont have specs yet. the xc60 i ordered hits US shores in september and everything is known but the mpg numbers. hundreds of millions have been invested in this car by the public and with the car reaching customers in a month, we still have to wonder what it will look like and what options will be available. im surprised more people haven't cancelled.

I am personally running out of speculation ability. I feel like I have discussed just about all the things that I can offer opinions on. I am at a point where I really just want to know what Tesla is going to do. I can speculate on things and while that is entertaining, none of us know the answers. I biggest questions for me that I want to know :
  • Seat materials
Don't get me wrong, I will still be around to post, but I am running out of speculative ability, creativity and in desperate need of a reveal event!

seems weird we dont have specs yet. the xc60 i ordered hits US shores in september and everything is known but the mpg numbers. hundreds of millions have been invested in this car by the public and with the car reaching customers in a month, we still have to wonder what it will look like and what options will be available. im surprised more people haven't cancelled.
The only thing that we don't really know is what the trunk and frunk look like and exactly what the steering wheel will look like.

• Seat materials

How could you not mention the Apocalypse, sorry, display?

I don't recall that a specific date in July was mentioned. The next official thing we'll likely hear is the announcement for the final reveal date. And, hopefully, we'll have many (if not most) of the OP's questions answered in that event.

We even have to speculate about the reveal date ;-)

I am not surprised that people haven't cancelled. As long as there are no specs out, it can be whatever you want it to be. Anyone who thought everyone who reserved a Model 3 will be perfectly happy with the outcome is delusional. There will be people getting disappointed, many will probably still order one, but many will also cancel their reservation, because they don't get what they hope they will get.

Reactions: OutofPocket
what features come standard for your 35K?..that is sorta a big deal.
how much do options cost?
which options will even be available..

sure..if you just buy a car based on looks, you know plenty..there is tons we don't know about the practicality and value of the vehicle at this price point.

The only thing that we don't really know is what the trunk and frunk look like and exactly what the steering wheel will look like.

what features come standard for your 35K?..that is sorta a big deal.
how much do options cost?
which options will even be available..

sure..if you just buy a car based on looks, you know plenty..there is tons we don't know about the practicality and value of the vehicle at this price point.

I think he was commenting on you saying we don't know what it will look like. Which we actually do, mostly because of "leaks", but there is a possibility to know what it will look like, for any reservation holder, if that person spends some time going through forums and EV/car sites.

But I agree, looks are rather secondary, pricing and specs are more important and besides the base price/ range (and 0-60 time), we really don't know anything.

Frunk was the first thing that came to mind. There are 50+ pages of people worried about putting junk in the trunk but no one gives the front any love.

Have we seen the RWD frunk yet?

Frunk was the first thing that came to mind. There are 50+ pages of people worried about putting junk in the trunk but no one gives the front any love.

Have we seen the RWD frunk yet?
For ease of manufacturing, I don't think there will be any difference in frunk size between RWD and AWD on the Model 3. I don't own a Model S, but didn't they do the same thing (single frunk design) on the refreshed Model S as well? So, the Model 3 frunk will likely look like what we saw on the Reveal 1 test drives.